Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from what i have heard, the swap does limit the types of cams that you can run due to p to v clearance, so i was looking for the best stage 2 cam recommendations for this swap.
keep in mind that i also plan for a wet nitrous kit (you guys might want to help me choose) which might limit the selection a bit more, help me out fellas?? :)
hp goal is 350rwhp with full bolt ons and the above mentioned.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
All cams should be degreed when installed so PTV wont be a big issue. If you want 350rwhp then any stage 1 cam + 75 shot would probably achieve this. Hitech stage 2's show some pretty good gains aswell for pi swapped cars, along with comp 270s or even comp 268s, It really depends what you want. CMS stage 1 cams work well with NOS. Id say get a nitrous cam from modular head shop to go with the 75 shot.

Im going to be running MHS's recession buster cams and hopefully with a 50 or 75 shot in the future. Depends how fast it is N/A, im just a little concerned about blowing it up :facepalm:

The zex system seems to be a good choice but better quality kits are availiable form NX and NOS. But make sure you have a window switch, WOT switch and Bottle Warmer at least.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm im thinking hitech stage 2s and 100 shot, i forgot to add that i do have forged rods that i got for free.
okay so i heard to have them activate and deactivate at 2500 and around 5000, respectively with a wot switch? i already have a bottle warmer that i bought off my cousin:)
hows ur daily driving with those cushmans?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hitech are great. some of the best numbers are made with those. i have some and they pull hard all the way past red line. I suggest Hitech or cms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im leaning towards those and comp cams, both have great user reviews so maybe I should decide just on the sound of the idle :O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts