Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i have another question to throw out for ya, im looking to put a cam in my car but im not quiet sure what to go with. I'll start out by saying the car will be N/A i may spray it every once in awhile but im looking for a cam that would help with more low end power. im wanting to just run gt40 heads, cobra intake or gt40 intake or possibly a trick flow intake

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Put a tfs stage 1 in it. Cheap and works well.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Summit or direct from trickflow.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
X2 on the trickflow stage 1

I am very happy with mine. Very good drivability and power at any rev range

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I would say a b21 cam or an n41 depending on how much you can spray with an n41. Call Anderson and ask them if it's okay with it. It's about 100 bucks more than the tfs1 but well worth it.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Everyone has their personal preferance on cams. I've had excellent luck with the Comp XE266HR in a mild 5.0!

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I think what everyone is trying to say is as long as it doesn't start with B, E, F, X, or Z you will be doing fine!! Lol

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I don't know much about this car building business but if I had a fairly mild build, I would definitely get an OTS cam. I don't know but I wouldn't think that a CGC would be beneficial enough for the extra cost.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I don't know much about this car building business but if I had a fairly mild build, I would definitely get an OTS cam. I don't know but I wouldn't think that a CGC would be beneficial enough for the extra cost.
A custom ground cam is always best for your application. There's rarely a moment where a custom grind cam won't pick up over an OTS cam.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
A custom ground cam is always best for your application. There's rarely a moment where a custom grind cam won't pick up over an OTS cam.

Sent from my galaxy s II
How much does a CGC cost? I thought they were in the 4-450 range. What I was trying to say but didn't was, you can probably get a used OTS cam for pretty cheap and it will get you close enough to a CGC to where you can use the extra loot (250-275?) for another upgrade. Am I making sense or do I still sound like a babbling wetodd?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
How much does a CGC cost? I thought they were in the 4-450 range. What I was trying to say but didn't was, you can probably get a used OTS cam for pretty cheap and it will get you close enough to a CGC to where you can use the extra loot (250-275?) for another upgrade. Am I making sense or do I still sound like a babbling wetodd?
True. Most people forget that if they change anything on their car that was in the questionnaire when purchasing it, then it's really not custom for their car anymore, lol. That being said, my next cam purchase will be custom from Bullet.

·