Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just recently bought a 2000 GT and I have to get it to pass a NC emissions inspection. My car does not have any cats on it and Im trying to figure out which cats to purchase. My car has longtube headers, Pypes off road Xpipe, and SLP loudmouth exhaust system on it. It sounds so great and I do not want to change anything about my exhaust other than add cats for it to pass NC inspection. Im thinking about buying Magnaflow spun cats and have them installed. Im wondering if I order them if they would fit on my car since I have longtube headers. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
No cats, are good cats...lol

I've heard Magnaflow makes some pretty good ones tho

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha! Yeah agree that no cats are the best, but unfortunatley Ive got to pass my emissions test. I was told by a local muffler shop tech that since I had longtube headers that the universal magnaflow cat wouldnt fit. Did the SLP cats fit properly without running into any problems?

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Haha! Yeah agree that no cats are the best, but unfortunatley Ive got to pass my emissions test. I was told by a local muffler shop tech that since I had longtube headers that the universal magnaflow cat wouldnt fit. Did the SLP cats fit properly without running into any problems?

Do they visually check for cats? they put a sniffer in the exhaust like a obd1 car?

But, some high-flow cats are not 50 state legal, so look into that also.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
The SLP's fit fine, 2 1/2 OD. They have to be welded into the midpipe, so fitment's not really much of an issue outside of the piping size...

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
no emissions tests here:)

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
No emissions here. They do the visual check, the gas cap pressure test and check for codes...

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
In my county, they just hook up a code scanner and do a safety check, I pass with no cats, due to the rear 02's being turned off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since my car doesnt have cats on it, my check engine light is on as well. Have any of you guys heard of any positive comments about PYPE Cats?

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Since my car doesnt have cats on it, my check engine light is on as well. Have any of you guys heard of any positive comments about PYPE Cats?

Thats all you need to do to get rid of that check engine light, they are the 18mm gasket type spark plug non-foulers, drill 1 of each out and construct it according to the picture. I had to do this to make my cel go away before i got my tuner.

$6 vs. $120+ your choice.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Thx 02gtKev! Did you attach this to all the oxygen sensors or just the front two?
This is done to both the rear 02's, leave the fronts how they are, i took this picture while i did it to my friend's 99 GT.

You can find them at any auto parts store in the help section.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.