Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been doing some research and i cant really pin point the motor i want and i thought id ask what you guys would do. I have a 2003 GT so id like to stay with the 2v for the reason that im not to sure what all is needed for the 4v swap. I also have a p1sc which thinking of maybe upgrading at some point. Ive looked at the mmr 900 and also the ford aluminator but i wasnt sure of other setups or what kind of power would be about max with the procharger and either of those motors. Thanks alot guys any info will help

·
Registered
972 Posts
i went the new mmr 4.75 short block, it has the new 5.0 crank and can handle 1000hp and rev to 8k not bad for $2800. i bought it when it was on sale tho.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
i went the new mmr 4.75 short block, it has the new 5.0 crank and can handle 1000hp and rev to 8k not bad for $2800. i bought it when it was on sale tho.
That's approximately 289 ci. :)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You won't get more than 500rwhp out of the P1SC. What kind of power is your car putting down now? Ford Aluminator is a good option. You'll get mixed reviews about MMR as there have been many unsatisfied customers and many satisfied ones. Their prices and product look good, but i'm still iffy on purchasing anything from them especially since they are so far away. I would do the Aluminator or buy a rotating assembly and have a local shop machine and assemble the motor.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You won't get more than 500rwhp out of the P1SC. What kind of power is your car putting down now? Ford Aluminator is a good option. You'll get mixed reviews about MMR as there have been many unsatisfied customers and many satisfied ones. Their prices and product look good, but i'm still iffy on purchasing anything from them especially since they are so far away. I would do the Aluminator or buy a rotating assembly and have a local shop machine and assemble the motor.
before the motor went to **** it was pushing 412hp and 390tq

·
Registered
205 Posts
P1 will only make mid-500's on a 2v. Sad to say, but to get over 600rwhp you'll need a d1 or F1.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
P1 will only make mid-500's on a 2v. Sad to say, but to get over 600rwhp you'll need a d1 or F1.
Does the same apply to the v1 s trim? whats about the max you will get out of that one before you start over spinning it/maxing it out?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Does the same apply to the v1 s trim? whats about the max you will get out of that one before you start over spinning it/maxing it out?
S trim will make over 600rwhp. Heads, cams, small pulley, intercooler and meth and you'll be there. An intercooled or meth injected S trim at 10psi with a set of blower cams will make 440-460rwhp. An intercooled P1SC makes the same numbers as a non-intercooled S trim at the same psi. P1SC is not an efficient blower.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
S trim will make over 600rwhp. Heads, cams, small pulley, intercooler and meth and you'll be there. An intercooled or meth injected S trim at 10psi with a set of blower cams will make 440-460rwhp. An intercooled P1SC makes the same numbers as a non-intercooled S trim at the same psi. P1SC is not an efficient blower.
Oh ok I gotcha. Thanks for that info. That gave me a good Idea on if should later down the road go for an mmr600 or mmr750 bc the mmr900 would be overkill for the limits of the blower i have and plan on keeping. Thanks for that.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Modmax, DSS, Proline, Bridge Racing, Owens Racing, or Livernois for the motor

F1A if you want over 600rwhp IMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts