1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Just remember the cardinal rule in life. You get what you pay for... If you want it cheap its going to be cheap.

I would look at some used centrificals if I were you. A turbo kit is going to cost a bit to be tuned as well.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Check out Breenspeed. They usually have some sort dicounted price around the holidays.

·
Registered
489 Posts
No. Get a kit already made for your car. If you want cheap F/I find a used one or get a vortech (they seem to be the cheapest but still reliable.)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Or fuel system.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Just remember the cardinal rule in life. You get what you pay for... If you want it cheap its going to be cheap.
I would look at some used centrificals if I were you. A turbo kit is going to cost a bit to be tuned as well.

TRUTH..

Honestly, there is no cheap FI of anykind done right; even low boost on stock bottom end.

i/c, meth, all cooling, fuel mods (pumps, inj), $ of that fuel, tuning, getting the power to hook..., clutch(s), then get it to hook up w/o breaking trans, rear end.

Take your time and look... alot of good deals/prices for FI these days.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
haha the best deal is when it comes from the factory already s/c'd

nahh, no really deals... its expensive.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I suggest looking around on Craigslist for some deals on used kits. I guy near me bought a Paxton 10psi kit for $1,800 and put another $1,000 in to it and is making 475rwhp and just ran a 12.25 his first time at the track. I bought my used Vortech 10psi kit for $1,000 and put another $1,800 in to it. My numbers and times will come soon, but from my recent experience, I got to say look for a used kit around your area. Really depends on how much money your looking to spend though

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
didnt know people were hoking those things yet.. nice deal

·
Registered
745 Posts
cheap

Not necessarily cheap but for $3899 you can get a complete vortech/paxton (nonintercooled) kit from brenspeed.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
A friend of mine recently bought a used Procharger set up with 8k miles on it. It had twin pumps, voltage booster, 9lb and 11lb pulley, 3 core intercooler, mafia maf extender, all complete with the P1SC and even the install manual. $3000 It all looks great and installed without a hitch. That's about 6k worth of **** new. This was for a '08 GT. He had to buy a hand tuner.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Isn't the tuning more delicate on nitrous than blowers?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
IMHO the cheapest big horsepower is a blower.

Save up...and get a used Paxton or Vortech, or a used Eaton M90 (Roushcharger). You should be able to do any of those for 3 grand.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
you don't want my opinion... but I guess your goals might be a good place to start your plans... it will cost less in the long run if you buy mods in line with a specific end in mind.. trust me on this..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts