Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for an exhaust. Looking for something with that deep growl. Will be doing catback and a midpipe. Not sure if headers are worth, it looks like a pain in the ass to get in. Budget is at or under 1000. Is a daily so not something overly obnoxious but would like it to be audible. Also how do exhausts and mid pipes work in relation to emissions? I live in pa and I’m not sure how it works. Will certain exhaust cause me to fail? All recommendations are appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,863 Posts
Depending on how strict emissions testing is in your area as a lot of high flow cats won’t pass a sniffer. Magnaflows are supposed to be one of the best cats out there. You won’t gain much with swapping out the midpipe. A catback is purely for sound. I’m partial to Pypes m80 mufflers. They’re not too expensive. Dynomax is supposed to be another good choice that’s not too loud. YouTube is your best friend here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on how strict emissions testing is in your area as a lot of high flow cats won’t pass a sniffer. Magnaflows are supposed to be one of the best cats out there. You won’t gain much with swapping out the midpipe. A catback is purely for sound. I’m partial to Pypes m80 mufflers. They’re not too expensive. Dynomax is supposed to be another good choice that’s not too loud. YouTube is your best friend here.
Your right YouTube videos do kinda help but even going from video to another video with the same exhaust, it can still sound drastically different which is why I’m asking but still, you’re right. thanks for the recommendations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts