So i'm fiddling with values in binary editor such as:
Spark Advance Limit- 6%
Spark Initial Value- Original-0 deg adv, Now- 13.00 deg adv
Spark Limit Max-orig-30 deg adv, now- 40.00
Spark Limit Min-orig-0 deg adv, now- 5.00 deg adv
Spark Tip In Advance Per PIP-.25 deg adv
Spark Tip In Max RPM- 2500 rpm, now-1900 rpm
Spark Tip In Retard- -5.00 deg adv

Are any of these values safe? It doesnt seem to knock, but there is not as much power it seems. Less torque. Any suggestions to increase power?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I would limit the total advance to about 32 degrees max.
Spark Initial Value; start with 6 degrees and adjust in + or - 2 degree increments.
All of your adjustments should be made in small increments. If you find yourself adjusting values by large amounts, then you are straying too far. I suggest that you work with one parameter at a time and give the cars computer time to adapt to the change, meaning; you will have to drive a little bit until the system has a chance to adapt to the change.

With the stock cam, your engine won’t require a lot of spark advance, like you would with a more radical profile, which would tend to raise the point at which your peak power would occur.

It's good that you are learning the system:yes

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would limit the total advance to about 32 degrees max.
Spark Initial Value; start with 6 degrees and adjust in + or - 2 degree increments.
All of your adjustments should be made in small increments. If you find yourself adjusting values by large amounts, then you are straying too far. I suggest that you work with one parameter at a time and give the cars computer time to adapt to the change, meaning; you will have to drive a little bit until the system has a chance to adapt to the change.

With the stock cam, your engine won’t require a lot of spark advance, like you would with a more radical profile, which would tend to raise the point at which your peak power would occur.

It's good that you are learning the system:yes
:D Well i'm trying! Also, would it be beneficial to turn adaptive learning off? Would this cause the settings to be instant, as well as not taking the 100km to relearn the settings? Or would it run strange and non-efficient?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Would it be beneficial to turn adaptive learning off?

No! you want that active. The settings take place as soon as you change them, its the rest of the system that has to adapt.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh... I've been driving around all day with it off... Yikes.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what could happen if i left the adaptive learning off? It smells to be running rich. But the lambda switch reads .95 to 1.05. Which is not rich at all. I have the max a/f limit set at .80, and the min a/f set at 1.10. Wondering what the hell is wrong...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Well, without seeing it, I would say that maybe the O2 sensor needs to be replaced or the injectors could be the problem, fuel pressure can affect this as well. Are the plugs fouling? I would check the color of the plugs, they could be oil fouled or the catalytic converter could be bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts