Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally sold my other set of rims so its time to order two new tires for the rear tires. im pretty sure im getting the nitto 555rs, 275/40/17. any last words or input on other drag radials (for a good price)?

·
Registered
106 Posts
315/35/17 M/T's...IMO
just my .02

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea everyone says 315s but i wasnt sure. it doesnt rub or anything and fits tight on the stock rim?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
you can get 275s on your stock rims, i like mickey tompsons, they work well but also wear faster then the nittos, but they work amazing

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
a 315 will NOT fit on your stock rims. Your best bet is to go with 275/40/17s.

If you are going to be driving with these everyday then get the Nittos but if you are going to be using them for track only then get the MT's. The thompsons are a much better hooking tire.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i hated my nittos on the street. i had nt555r 315/35/17 and they picked up every piece of sand and **** on the road and scratched the lower corners of the back bumper up. too soft and the wore down real fast.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, I have 10.5 rims on the rear with my 315's with no rubbing what so ever..:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, thanks for the input and i will be driving with these tires everyday so ill probaly go with teh nitto 275s

·
Registered
663 Posts
M/T 275/40/17 for traction.
Nitto for street-driving. Still damn good traction, but nothing hooks like the M/T.

My M/T are daily driven and aren't worn down badly at all. Then again, I drive maybe 100 miles a week - tops.

·
Registered
599 Posts
M/T 275/40/17 for traction.
Nitto for street-driving. Still damn good traction, but nothing hooks like the M/T.

My M/T are daily driven and aren't worn down badly at all. Then again, I drive maybe 100 miles a week - tops.
+1

I had 555r o my 97 they were ok and my buddy runs a 275 M/T He can launch way higher than me and hook those are my next purchase

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
i need me a set of 10.5" wide spare rims for the back :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
are these good for 200 bucks, brand new tires and are they street legal??

MT Street tires 26x11.5r17 mounted on a set of wheels at 17x9 mustang wheels with a 5 on 4.5" lug pattern

with rims

·
Registered
663 Posts
+1

I had 555r o my 97 they were ok and my buddy runs a 275 M/T He can launch way higher than me and hook those are my next purchase
I've got a stock tranny, but the suspension is complete redone. Full bolt-ons and tune.

What was he launching at? I usually do 3,000 and obviously feather the clutch out quickly. Dumping it on a daily driver means you have too much money. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts