Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i was saving up for a custom exhaust system w/headers and all, but something came up, and i want to start in on performance b4 the snow and bad weather gets here so im going to settle on a decent and cheap dual exhaust system without headers but what one? and how much would it cost?

i want something that sounds like a muscle car/pony car, i understand it wont sound like a v8, but that would be the ideal sound i would want, not a fart can any suggestions/sound bits?

·
Registered
569 Posts
on a budget. i would just go to an exhaust shop and tell them to run you a h with any of their flowmasters.. probably around 200-300

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
on a budget. i would just go to an exhaust shop and tell them to run you a h with any of their flowmasters.. probably around 200-300
you can buy thrush welded mufflers (sound very similar to flowmaster with half the price) and get a shop to custom fab the exhaust. it shouldnt cost much, epsecially if you have your own mufflers. i perfer the sound of thrush welded over flowmaster, and there are others on this site that agree as well

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
noob question: to get true duals, i need the two axle backs, two cat backs, and either an x or H pipe? right?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I like the FRPP kit, but at roughly twice the cost of the pypes for the same thing with different mufflers, its not really worth it. But if you want a great exhaust kit on a budget the pypes is probably your best bet.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a chance to hear a 2008 4.0 with a GT take off axle back and Pypes x and over the axle pipes. I think he paid $299 plus shipping from v6mustangstuff.com. Sound was good, and not too loud. He had no other mod so it was hard to tell if he had any real performance gains.

·
Registered
28 Posts
V-6mustangstuff.com & NTO.com have same kit. Uses new take off 4.6 GT mufflers,
with new X pipe, over axle, clamps, ect, from Pypes, all in stainless. NTO.com has a video about install that has sound after the change.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not to hijack anyones thread, but what do you guys say is the big difference between going to a shop and having it custom built, compared to like.. buying a magnaflow catback and midpipe online?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Getting kits to me are easier to install and in MOST cases look a heck of alot cleaner than some badly welded spliced together job. BTW JiMi, looks like a nice Monte in your Avi.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Not to hijack anyones thread, but what do you guys say is the big difference between going to a shop and having it custom built, compared to like.. buying a magnaflow catback and midpipe online?
well i ordered a magnaflow dual catback system because i love the sound, and if i had a shop throw something together, i wouldnt know what i was getting. i need an h pipe now, but i think i may have found one (i just made a thread calle "'universal h pipe'??")

·
Registered
28 Posts
best exaust system on a budget?

Thanks for welcome 1rnkpny. Off topic: read for 2 weeks, kept mouth shut.
I like what you do for each other, so I joined.
I too am on budget, want moreHP/less restriction than Y pipe. Want more rumble at idle, but drive 125 miles highway/freeway on workdays, so I dont want to go deaf. Ordered Pypes short SS headers, $212 shipped from RPM.
Went to local performance shop for a quote: Fab 2.5" pipes, cat back, Fab
a SS H pipe, Flowmaster SS mufflers, Hangers, clamps, weld, install headers
all for only $1100. NOT. I will go with V-6 mustangstuff/NTO.com SS 2.5" system from Pypes w/4.6 takeoff mufflers. Including headers, about $550 total, and do work myself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts