Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the info on the cams guys.

Next thing is the headers. I'm going full length, with a MAC pro chamber mid pipe. I was thinking of going with the MAC headers too, but if there are better ones out there for the money that will sound good with the pro chamber, then I'll take a look. Opinions?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
t5 or aod

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
from my experience with this question being asked on here before i would say BBK

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
if you want a nice, ceramic finish, stay AWAY from the BBKs. Mine looked like **** after about 20 mins of running on a new engine.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I looked @ the BBK's... should I go with the 1 3/4 or 1 5/8? is there really a big difference between the two?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Why go with the smaller primaries?.. just out of curiousity
1 5/8 is really all you will need on a small motor but it dont really make a diff what you go with.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
unless your making big hp the 1 3/4 will hurt you ...esp on the bottom......1 5/8 will flow plenty for you
how?1 3/4 are not that much bigger 1/8 of an inch and how much do you plan to make foggy?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not too sure, I'm guessing maybe 375-400 at the crank w/o the juice. That might be on the sunny side, I think, but the guy who did my heads seems to think I'll be making over 400 w/o the juice.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
They aren't that much bigger true but it's actually a very big diff. especially on a "lower hp car"..........if your gonna make around 400 then go for the 3/4's
i know there is alot of difference on a low hp car but i knew he had a car that was making some numbers thats why i said it didnt matter and who talks about low hp cars anyways?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts