Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 3rd gauge to fill up my pod on my supercharged GT. What's the best choice? I already have a/f and boost gauges.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
oil pressure

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
what kind of fuel system are you running?

i would do electronic oil, and fuel pressure.

also, do you have a narrow band air/fuel gauge, or a wideband like a innovative? a A/F guage is useless.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kind of fuel system are you running?

i would do electronic oil, and fuel pressure.

also, do you have a narrow band air/fuel gauge, or a wideband like a innovative? a A/F guage is useless.
i have a 255lph focus fuel pump and 42lb injectors.. the a/f gauge is wideband and why is it useless?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i have a 255lph focus fuel pump and 42lb injectors.. the a/f gauge is wideband and why is it useless?
dont hae to worry as much about fuel pressure then as you do oil pressure. still taking a chance though possibly putting the FPDM into thermal shock because that focus pump is going to draw some volts.

which wideband do you have? do you know the difference between wide, and narrow band?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Fuel pressure.

I ran 2 years with a SC and no extra gauges. I only have FP and boost/vac gauge now.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dont hae to worry as much about fuel pressure then as you do oil pressure. still taking a chance though possibly putting the FPDM into thermal shock because that focus pump is going to draw some volts.

which wideband do you have? do you know the difference between wide, and narrow band?
yeah i know the difference it's a plx wideband

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
yeah i know the difference it's a plx wideband
ok, dont mind me then.

then what SC are you running? if its a paxton, or vortech then get a oil press. since its tapped into your oil pan.

if its procharger, or KB, i would get a fuel press. gauge, wouldnt worry too much about oil pressure.

a fuel press. guage is going to run you over $200 though

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, dont mind me then.

then what SC are you running? if its a paxton, or vortech then get a oil press. since its tapped into your oil pan.

if its procharger, or KB, i would get a fuel press. gauge, wouldnt worry too much about oil pressure.

Its a vortech and is the oil pressure gauge that comes on the car not good or something?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Its a vortech and is the oil pressure gauge that comes on the car not good or something?
its not accurate enough.

with the vortech get the oil press. guage

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Here's where i got my 50.00 electric fuel pressure gauge. It has up to 3% error rate. But good enough to see if you have a large pressure drop, So it could be off as much as 3lbs at a 100psi, 1.5 at 50. Good enough for my purposes. The have a better one for 105 which supposed have only a 1% error rate.
Prosport Gauges Amber Fuel Pressure Gauge

its not accurate enough.

with the vortech get the oil press. guage
No is not down to the lb accurate. But if the oil feed line busts it will let you know. Now if the return came lose that would take longer to show up. I wouldn't mind having one though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts