Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some opinions as this week I'll be ordering a new gear set.97 gt ,5 speed, stock gearing as far as i know..... I do drive the highway still because its going to be my commuter, recommendations?Looking for a little more pull but still highway friendly... 373's? Any ideas on how many rpm's i would be at going 65-70 mph with 411's? Thanks alot

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
4.10's and 3.73's can both be used for highway driving. If you were going to constantly be driving around 75 id probably go with 3.73's. I dont know what kind of RPM's you would be turning at 65-70 either.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I've got 4.10s and my mileage is the same.. I just have to use 5th gear on the highway more often..where i used to use 4th gear..:)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
the difference between 373s and 410s at 70mph is only like 200-300 rpms im pretty sure. so really it just comes down to personal preference and what you plan to do with the car.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I would run 3.73s if I had a fox. But for a SN95 which are slightly heavier. 4.10s are the only way to go. Here are the RPM differences between 4.10s and 3.73s on a stock T-45.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am having my gears put in right now. 96 gt auto, i am putting 4:10 ford racing gears in. How much will they affect my top speed?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a couple friends i know that are pretty mad about me getting gears. So they keep talkin **** saying my top speed will be like 100 or something.Just wanted to double check

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Lets just say u can pull up past 140. I have never had my car that high, but others here have and they have 4.10s on an AUTO....

Gears will surprize them. They must drive Civics.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lets just say u can pull up past 140. I have never had my car that high, but others here have and they have 4.10s on an AUTO....

Gears will surprize them. They must drive Civics.
They have a 1995 cobra, and a 1998 z28. :sorry so even with my gears and mods prolly will not matter lol.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
3.73's are for women.....go 4.10 even with f/I.....just get better tires and suspension...if your driving over 100mph ALOT then ur a dumbass anyway....**** ive said even a few times if depending on your plans...go 4.30's.....

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Im getting 3.73's in my car but i have a hell of a build on the way and i just really dont want to go 4.10's. I have heard everyone argue over them for the last year so dont try to talk me out of it. lol. But basically, its just a preference of what you want to get.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts