Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i kno this is a common post but i just cant find everything i want. Im wondering the best hci for my 94 gt which is mostly street and a lil bit of strip. I was lookin at the trick flow top end kit, but it seems a bit pricey and i was wondering if there was anything cheaper but still good?? Also should i put longtube headers on my x pipe or do this mod first? and please include price and power upgrades if u can! anything will help thanks!

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Fast, cheap, reliable. Choose two.

Buy heads, and intake used off of corral, and get a good custom cam. (can someone just sticky that statement at the top)

NMRA is another good place to buy used parts.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thats a very broad question, discussed probably hunderds of thousands of times on this forum. So really to answer your questions, you need to answer some questions first.
1) stock block?
2) are you going to bolt on heads, intake, install cam and be done for good? Or will you be on the continuing quest for more and more power?
3) any thoughts of a power adder in the future?
4) have you done anything with the suspension?
5) 5 speed or auto?

to answer the header question, I have found long tubes can be a pain to install, but might give an extra hp or two, you will probably never see or feel that extra 1-2 hp or whatever it is, so for the money and ease of install I would go shorties, a lot of people will argue that but its mostly just personal preferance. Again if it were me I would wait until I obtained the heads and do the headers and heads at the same time to avoid doing the same work twice. When you ask for the best H/C/I combo again you will get a ton of different opinions. I have had alot of luck with TF, Vic JR, and AFR as they are all good heads but if you dont plan on stroking, or a power adder you might not want a Vic Jr, and might want to stay relativly small on the head size, such as 185/190. If you do plan on stroking or a power adder in the futurs it wont hurt you to go larger to begin with, that way your not dumping your heads in the near future for larger ones, wasting alot of money. Cam choice is obvious, go with a custom grind but make dang sure you think out the future of the car before having one ground. Good intakes are all over. If you want to save money ceck the forums and corral for used parts. You can save a lot of money picking up a nice intake and set of heads used, just be caucious!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To answer the first question, even though it pains me to spend money id have to say fast AND reliable. BUt I do have a stock block and do plan to get more and more power. Farther down the line though maybe a 347 or 331 stroker but not for a while seeing as how im still in school. As far as suspension goes i got lowering springs, new rear control arms and subframe connectors. And lastly she's a 5speed. I hope this helps specialize the best setup for me.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Just don't go cheap on heads. You'll get the normal debate on heads, but I'd get TW185s or the FAC190s. A lot of people have had good luck finding them used on places like corral.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
off the shelf package deal the TFS kit is best but like others said... figure out your budget and your goal and dump the cash on a nice set of heads then picklpu the intake that'll suit your rpm range and then open your pocket book for a cam that ties all that **** together to get to your goal..

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Trick Flow Track Heat top end package makes a nice street cruiser.

·
902 Posts
do some research, wait for the right parts to come available 'used' and have a few thousand dollar coushion with your budget, you will need it. Find heads and intake that are rated closely in RPM range and then find a cam that works in the same range. doesnt have to be a custom cam but some think they are better than OTS cams. when buying the cam they will recommend a spring most of the time.

·