Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
they dont sell aftermarket heads. all the companies selling heads are using Orginal Ford Castings, and just porting and polishing them

PM boomer, he does excellent work.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
they port and polish the valves and ****...to make the heads flow better....and no there is no aftermarket heads for our cars...they are all "PI" just p&p.....and with what matt said....send BOOMER a pm...he really good!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pi ftw. Have em worked and swap a cam. You can get a set of pis worked for cheaper than aftermarket. My heads will be around 2500 plus the cam when there done and thats a full stage 2 set up.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
if ur on a budget....just port and polish your npi heads and get them worked with new valves and lifters then get some good street cams....

·
Registered
187 Posts
+1 for jlaw. VT stage 1 cams,stock pi intake and worked npis would be a great combo too.

imo,the p51 is completely useless and a waste of money for him. hes not deep enough in to need an intake manifold. hell see what,8-10hp gain from it without his heads done and full bolt ons?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
arent patriot heads aftermarket? or are they just PI that are p&p?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Stay Away From Patriot Performance....

I have alabama cylinder heads, AKA patriot Performance, and well the ports were up to a 1/32 off. They bought Fords bad castings, which they had 450,000 or so beause of a flaw in the "template". So PP or Abama clyinder head bought them to port and polish. And well they suck ass....

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
just a question, AC runs them and if u havent seen his forum on his car do so ASAP (that should be the required read under the mod section)

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I have seen his car. And well personally I think he would have been better off with a Livernois head or similar. I really dont think that ACs car is all that fast on motor. And he wont go to the track with it.

Also didnt you see that He is putting a BBC in it? I am sorry but I dont look up to AC at all. He would have had a nice set of heads and numbers if he went any other way than patriot. Infact i bet if he pulls the heads off, he will find out that the ports are offcenter too.

ever relized they are dirt cheap too? PP bought the heads so cheap they can sell them so cheap.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
well its still one of the more impressing N/A setups in the modular catergory and I will admit i dont know **** about these motors, im more farmiliar with tractors then mustangs, hence why im here

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
so it would be best to just send PI heads off to be p&p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts