Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
depends on what blower you have but the anderson is nice. you could also make one which is cost affective and nice as well

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
oh my bad i read it totaly wrong, i would use the hardballer intake manifold, or the eddie manifold

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Edelbrock

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Why do you think that?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
With a centrifugal supercharger you make plenty of power at high rpms. By replacing the intake you want to make sure you don't loose your low end torque. The HPS Hardball'r intake makes more horsepower than the stock intake but doesn't loose torque down low like most of the others.

Yes, you should have your tune checked when you change the intake manifold. You have changed the air flow through the motor. Most likely nothing will be wrong but the last thing you want is a lean condition.

By the way, the replacement plastic intake with the aluminum crossover is a very good intake that is suppose to be good up to around 600 rwhp. If you need to save money its not a bad intake.

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
I went from stock to typhoon to ported hardball'r to the edelbrock.
Car feels much better with the edelbrock.
The maf tells the computer how much air the engine is getting.
The maf is before the intake.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You are correct but other things may go wrong. My tuner only charges $40 to strap the car on a dyno and check the tune. Little things (like gear ratio changes) he does for free. Its cheap and its easy. Why not get it checked. It is possible that the additional horsepower will max out the MAF or the injectors or the fuel pump. A little insurance goes a long way.

I can't remember who it was but approximately a year ago they put an Anderson power pipe on their car and almost immediately blew up the motor. $40 is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With a centrifugal supercharger you make plenty of power at high rpms. By replacing the intake you want to make sure you don't loose your low end torque. The HPS Hardball'r intake makes more horsepower than the stock intake but doesn't loose torque down low like most of the others.

Yes, you should have your tune checked when you change the intake manifold. You have changed the air flow through the motor. Most likely nothing will be wrong but the last thing you want is a lean condition.

By the way, the replacement plastic intake with the aluminum crossover is a very good intake that is suppose to be good up to around 600 rwhp. If you need to save money its not a bad intake.
ya i definately dont want to loose any torque, I already dont have a lot. It made 399.5/351. If I could gain torque that would be awesome.

Thats why i was thinking about the tune, the increased air flow with same fuel. I have a blow thru mass from VMP so that should be plenty. One thing I am worried about is making more power and blowing it up. I dont want to replace the intake with another plastic unit only to replace it down the road. I dont like to waste money.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I went from stock to typhoon to ported hardball'r to the edelbrock.
Car feels much better with the edelbrock.
The maf tells the computer how much air the engine is getting.
The maf is before the intake.
do you have any dyno numbers with the different intakes?
do you have any pics of the edelbrock installed?
what all does it take, it looks like i need the elbow, and a 90mm tb for a fox body and the fuel rail kit. Does the 90mm work with our tb sensor and what about the egr?

thanks. I wanna get it fixed asap.

Im half tempted to go against myself and get the replacement intake tomrrow and slap it on. idk what to do :dunno

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was looking at the Edlebrock set up and the elbow is for a 90mm tb. You can use the stock one but I was wondering of anyone knows if you can use the 90mm on out car? Im asking because I don't know if the throttle position sensor would work

1 - 16 of 16 Posts