Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without spending almost $2000 for a Maximum Motorsport k member, what is the best K member to buy for under a $1000.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What are your goals? If you just want to drag and dd then maybe the upr k will suit your needs. It's not made for autocross or for serious street handling. I think I gave like 7 or 8 hundred for the k member, tubular front control arms and front coilover kit. The k alone would be less.

Someone else with experience with other k's will surely chime in here.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah drag car or auto x?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
ive heard of upr failing during auto x applications. theyre made more for drag racing.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Look at Team Z. Have also heard good stuff about Racecraft, but not sure how it does on the street. I would not buy a UPR K member especially if you drive the car on the street alot.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I would suggest race craft k member. You can get a normal or have it upgraded with a road race option

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Look at Team Z. Have also heard good stuff about Racecraft, but not sure how it does on the street. I would not buy a UPR K member especially if you drive the car on the street alot.
boom right there or PA Racing

·
Registered
890 Posts
just save up your money for a quality Kmember

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
PA works with stock a arms along with racecraft

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i will probly be going with the upr kit, i dd my car alot but do very little corner carving. so fo the price that what im going with

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
do you want c.o's and a-arms too or just the k frame?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey I donno about what stress in autocross for UPR K member would be under but, I have a vert and iron block and daily drive mine, it hasn't even come close to showing any wear or cracks.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
UPR! Check my garage, almost all my suspension is UPR and I love it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
MM!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts