Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Mustang and it has an aftermarket bumper on it with the chin spoiler. When leaving certain parking lots, it is hitting and scrapping the ground and it is chipping the paint. However I have decided I want the chin spoiler black. What is teh strongest paint I can buy so it will not chip easy? I was thinking of using a spray paint, however I think that would chip easy. Does anyone know of any paint from like lowes, or Home depot or something that is really Strong against chips and scratches??

Thanks

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
if you scrape any paint it will scuff the clear coat at minimum, maybe scratch, or even chip the paint itself.

sand the surface down, shoot a couple of coats of automotive paint on it with appropriate flash times, apply a couple coats of clear and a couple good coats of wax. if you scrape, you will mess up the finish though.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I believe he's talking along the lines of duplicolor auto spray paint from auto parts stores. Alot or coats or paint may make it harder to chip but it will definitely scuff or scratch no matter what. Depending how often you scrape, it is either not worth it at all or you could just re sand and paint it every few months

1 - 4 of 4 Posts