Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some real stickys. What are some tires that will give me an edge over the competition in the corners. Price does not matter. Post link if possible.Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i kind of pictured hoosiers as moreof a drag tire. Also, these need to be streetable as the car im gonna put them is also my daily driver.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Anything that is going to be super sticky is going to wear faster than those that are not. For a DD this might mean running through tires pretty quick.. Just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've heard the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec have a really sticky compound and can be used as a daily driver tire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome thanks dude, im lookin for something with alot of width too

·
Registered
430 Posts
awesome thanks dude, im lookin for something with alot of width too
I don't know how wide they run but when i was looking for some new tires for my stock 245/45-17 these came up and got great reviews from tire rack. I ended up getting G-force sports just cause they were a little cheaper and these tires are temporary until i get some deep dishs for the rear and run some 315's on em.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've heard the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec have a really sticky compound and can be used as a daily driver tire.
i checked those out and it seemed like people were giving them rave reviews as a performance tire. Theyre really cheap too. The only thing is people claim they wear out fast and that they are terrible in snow and freezing temperatures. Obviously you wouldnt expect a performance tire to be good in snow, but it snows a decent amount where i live so that would be a concern.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i checked those out and it seemed like people were giving them rave reviews as a performance tire. Theyre really cheap too. The only thing is people claim they wear out fast and that they are terrible in snow and freezing temperatures. Obviously you wouldnt expect a performance tire to be good in snow, but it snows a decent amount where i live so that would be a concern.
Thats the trade off with really sticky compound, wear will be a lot quicker than a normal tire.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Don't the new NT05's have the drip of a Nitto 555 but a harder side wall for corners?

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
OP, if you want "sticky".... you need to go softer with a stiffer sidewall for the twisties.
I would recommend a set of Nitto NT01's or my next set of sticky's.... the Advan A048's :p

Neither of these are gonna be worth a **** in the wet. You can "get away" with them, but really should have a second set of wheels with some shoes better suited for rain.

Jazzer :)

PS. Pepe my Choosing a new tire thread and will find out more than you ever wanted to know about tires.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I wound't risk running a track tire on the snow. Most high performance summer tires say right on them not for use in freezing weather. I had to drive mine out of storage for a quick 2 miles round trip the other day with the stock geforce tires and it was horrible.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
O.P. didnt say anything about the snow.

BUT if i were to suggest snow tires.
it would be the blizzak or the hankooks.
but the name of the hankooks escape me right now. .
Ha ha, yeah he did. It just wasn't in the first post.

Are you talking about the hankook ventus v12? They got great reviews from a car and driver tire comparison test. I've only heard good things about the blizzaks. OP you're not going to find a great sticky corner carving tire that also wears well and performs well in the snow. You should get one set of racing wheels/performance tires (I'd go with NT01s from Nitto) and one set of DD wheels/all-weather tires (Bridgestone Blizzaks)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.