Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ready to start finsihing up my rearend build and Ive decided im going to go with the Detroit Locker tru-trac 31 spline differential. Where is the best place to buy one from?

·
Registered
353 Posts
summit is fast and inexpensive.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been looking at summit, i just wanted to know if there was anywhere else i might be able to get it cheaper. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Hey man I actually have a torsen . Which is pretty much the same exact thing as a Trutrac. If your intrested shoot me a PM and I will get you some pics. And def sale it to ya alot cheaper than a new one.

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
Ive been looking at summit, i just wanted to know if there was anywhere else i might be able to get it cheaper. Thanks guys.

summit is where i got mine and it was just about the least expensive place to get it.

just got it installed at ricks and it is sweet brah.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
summit is where i got mine and it was just about the least expensive place to get it.

just got it installed at ricks and it is sweet brah.
Yupp thats who im going to have install mine. Ive heard nothing but good things about Rick. He did my alignment on my car when i installed all of my suspension.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Randy's Ring and Pinion has fair prices as does DTS drivetrain specialties. I try them 1st.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Yupp thats who im going to have install mine. Ive heard nothing but good things about Rick. He did my alignment on my car when i installed all of my suspension.
i'll probably have Rick do the work on mine when i beef up the rear end as well. but not for a while. Rick has spent more time with my car in the last 6 months than i have...
:sorry

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll probably have Rick do the work on mine when i beef up the rear end as well. but not for a while. Rick has spent more time with my car in the last 6 months than i have...
:sorry
Why, whats wrong with it?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Why, whats wrong with it?
okay, short version:
1. spun a rod bearing
2. ordered parts from VT. they were on backorder and didn't tell me. service sucked, i cancelled the order. VT was not the poop.
3. got parts from Sean Hyland Motorsport. all forged bottom end, pistons 17cc, 0.020" over bore. SHM is the poop.
4. sent headers out to be flame sprayed at Vanwin in Chesapeake. they are also the poop.
5. Rick sent the block out to his personal engine guy right before Christmas. he took an extended break and then had a buttload of work. my block sat there for a while. (month and a half, at least)
6. all parts in and at Ricks, block back. a few other cars pushed my engine back (including at least 1 MM member, you know who you are lol). Rick has been swamped with work and i guess he doesn't have enough help.
7. i had to go out of town for work and won't be back till May or June. so i told Rick to hang on to the car till i get back. as soon as i find out when i'm coming home, i'll PM him and let him know...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, short version:
1. spun a rod bearing
2. ordered parts from VT. they were on backorder and didn't tell me. service sucked, i cancelled the order. VT was not the poop.
3. got parts from Sean Hyland Motorsport. all forged bottom end, pistons 17cc, 0.020" over bore. SHM is the poop.
4. sent headers out to be flame sprayed at Vanwin in Chesapeake. they are also the poop.
5. Rick sent the block out to his personal engine guy right before Christmas. he took an extended break and then had a buttload of work. my block sat there for a while. (month and a half, at least)
6. all parts in and at Ricks, block back. a few other cars pushed my engine back (including at least 1 MM member, you know who you are lol). Rick has been swamped with work and i guess he doesn't have enough help.
7. i had to go out of town for work and won't be back till May or June. so i told Rick to hang on to the car till i get back. as soon as i find out when i'm coming home, i'll PM him and let him know...
How did you manage to spin a rod bearing? Did you over rev the engine when racing?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
over revving will cause valve fload not a spun rod bearing... if i remember correctly he had the oil changed somewhere because it was cold outside and they only put like 1 qt in it...

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
How did you manage to spin a rod bearing? Did you over rev the engine when racing?
whenever you're dealing with anything mechanical, you're bound to have parts fail regardless of how well you take care of it. in my case, the motor had about 102k on it, and the bearing just decided to let go. i wasn't even on it. the light had turned green, i was doing about 30 and still accelerating up to the speed limit. i shifted to 3rd and heard what sounded like marbles rolling around inside the block. i went to get over to the shoulder and turn off the engine, but as i was changing lanes, the engine just shut off. it was toast.

over revving will cause valve fload not a spun rod bearing... if i remember correctly he had the oil changed somewhere because it was cold outside and they only put like 1 qt in it...
that must've been someone else. mine happened in September. it was still warm out. and i change my own oil. in fact, i had changed it about 2 weeks before the engine went tits up on me...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts