Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about leaving California and i am lookin for the sate that is the best place to live for racing and car shows,, (drag racing, drag car meets,test and tune availability) thanks !

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
IMHO, S. Florida has it all too.

Ok, I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Drag racing
Homestead every friday night. 1 hour drive
Countyline, open weekends and I think one night during the week. 30 min. drive
Palm Beach Int. Raceway, 1 hour drive, Open a lot. All kinds of major events, road racing, drag racing, karting, mud bogs.. they have it all.

Shows
Every Friday night, in Davie, 6-9pm at least 250 cars, music etc. Safe and fun.
Shows are constent. Always something going on.

Road Racing
Homestead Motor Speedway, Grand Am is coming up next month, Nascar etc.
PBIR 2 mile road course
Sebring 4 mile road course, 2.5 hour drive.
Daytona.... 4-5 hours... no explanation needed.

And...Like Cali, the season never ends. 24/7/12

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah california used to be the spot ,,but the government doesnt care about racing unless its nascar ,, they are shutting down tracks and not allowing new ones (too much noise) ,,and a modded car on the street is a bust .. too many smog laws and cops that pull you over for just touching the gas pedal.. ive lived here a long time and after 1993 its pretty much gone down hill..i was thinking texas , south carolina, or florida ,,, thanks guys

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i was in jacksonville a few years back and saw a blown ,injected, Stingray Corvette just cruising the streets with slicks and a parachute ,,must be nice lol cant do that around here ..

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Central florida. I've got probably 5 tracks within a 1.5 hour radius of where I live.
Bradenton, 1/4 mile
Sunshine, 1/8 mile
Lakeland motorsports, 1/8 mile and mud bogging
Orlando speedworld, 1/4 mile
Central Florida Racers Complex, 1/8 mile, drifting, go karts etc
Daytona International speedway for Nascar and SCCA stuff

So many weekend shows that they print up a free weekly magazine with a schedule for them.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Any major city in Florida, or Texas.

I lived all over the country while being active military. Those get my pick.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
You guys are right Florida would probably be the best. Out here in Cali we got to many regs and smog laws that kill the state for some that want to do racing. IMO to much commercial building going up.:sorry:help:banghead

To many cops with chips on there shoulders and do everything to prevent organized racing of any kind and would
rather have crime instead.

·
Registered
192 Posts
yeah california used to be the spot ,,but the government doesnt care about racing unless its nascar ,, they are shutting down tracks and not allowing new ones (too much noise) ,,and a modded car on the street is a bust .. too many smog laws and cops that pull you over for just touching the gas pedal.. ive lived here a long time and after 1993 its pretty much gone down hill..i was thinking texas , south carolina, or florida ,,, thanks guys

Va Tn and Nc , if you can get in the tristate area, you are within driving distance of alot of racing outlets, plus there is a good street scene around here. The tracks are all over, Bristol Va/Tn , Kingsport Tn, Elk Creek Va, Southboston Va, Martinsville Va, Mooresville Nc, Charlotte Nc, Neww River Valley dragway, Va
the list goes on. I guess it just depends on where youre wanting to relocate to.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Fl im about an hour from orlando and bradenton 3hrs
speedworld 2hrs
those are the best imo for the big races

·
USN
185 Posts
Florida!!! Just stay away from Jacksonville. Go mid or southern like Tampa, Miami or Orlando. Trying to get away from those emission tests huh?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Left Cali 2 yrs ago.. Been in traffic courts 3-4 times a week. My biggest expense in Los Angeles was paying tickets! I would go to court and get a ticket on the way..
Nasty Police, nasty system to get the dosh outa your pocket..
I am in TN now and in 2 years I had two minor speeding violations.
Police in FL is not much better in my opinion, there are city's in FL that every 2nd car is a police car and you feel the terror i the air. Miami is cool and the police there seem to deal with what they should (and there is plenty of that..) and not so much in collecting your dollars because you went 5 over the limit.
FL as way too many speed traps and they will get you!

Where are the 60's and the 70's...??? :(

I am not sure where they got the idea that speed cause accidents and deaths, they know that we know that it is the biggest story ever told. Speed do not kill or we would have drivers dead every weekend across the world on every race track, would we not? If speed kills why the lower accidents/deaths statistics are in Germany, where there is no speed limit?
Sloppy driving kills, stupidity kills.
SO where in the USA you can still drive?
There was Montana with no speed limit but now they changed it..
So, can you really drive in the US anywhere?

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Montana does have a speed limit, which is the Highest federally legal limit which is 85mph I believe, but the only reason they have that law now is to keep receiving federal funding for their roads etc.

The Feds told them if they didn't adopt a speed limit they were going to withdraw funding.

It used to be "what is safe and prudent." if there wasn't a car for miles, wasn't pouring down rain, and you didn't drive a big rig, sky is the limit.

But they still rarely enforce said speed limit law...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Quad Cities, IA wouldnt be a bad place...

i used to live there and the car scene was HUGE. I moved to Colorado about a year and a half ago and have no regrets but its definitely not as big here as it was there. Iowa also had no emissions testing which was nice!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts