Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Mustang Noob
6 Posts
the colorado scene is dead and gone, anything going on out here now is a skeleton of what it used to be, I could see SC being pretty good, definitely FL as well, I'm personally looking into moving to SC, myrtle beach area

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
+1 on Colorado not having much. We have Bandimere and 1 decent road course. But youll have to drive a while.

Not very often do we have decent car shows.

·
Mustang Noob
6 Posts
we get some alright car shows, only in summer though, the golden supercruise is out of this world, sonic on friday nights (either aurora or up north) is not bad, then if your really feeling froggy there's the 1000+ car meet on sunday nights, its mainly ricers and douchebags though

·
Registered
987 Posts
Honestly, and this may sound weird at first, but Maryland is a sort of hidden Mecca for the east coast car world.

If you want grass roots test and tune drag racing, it may actually be the best place in the country. As odd as it may sound to someone not from the area, I'd wager has more full 1/4-mile tracks per square mile than any other. It's a rather tiny place, from my house I could easily drive to pretty much any strip in less than 2 hours. There's Capitol, 75-80, Mason-Dixon, Cecil, and of course Maryland International Raceway (aka Budds Creek to locals or motocross gurus); there are no 1/8-mile tracks in the state, only full 1/4-mile strips. A good way to put this is of the Pep Boys speed shop locations that range from Los Angeles, Phoenix, Houston, Dallas, and at least 50 others around the country, the one that has had the highest sales since the day it opened is in Glen Burnie, Maryland.

Downsides to living in Maryland? Cost of living that rivals California, the place is run by liberal morons, everyone is generally a stuck up asshole that think they're more important than you, they do OBD2 emissions every 2 years (not nearly as tough as Cali though), virtually any kind of modification to your car can be illegal in some way depending on the cop writing the ticket, and the taxes are well beyond retarded. There is, and I am not joking or exaggerating in any way, a tax in Marylad for rain. Yes, rain. The water that falls from the sky. Tax. Rain.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts