Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting tired of belt slip with the upper pulley I have, So I was wondering what is the best upper and lower pulley combo for the most performance without the belt slip ... 2 4 6 lb rear ?? with what size upper? Thanks:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
i'm surprised KC hasn't hopped on this one yet. I'm curious right along with you. And How do you people feel about the motoblue non-slip cog drive? I think i wouldn't be able to put up with the sound.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm surprised KC hasn't hopped on this one yet. I'm curious right along with you. And How do you people feel about the motoblue non-slip cog drive? I think i wouldn't be able to put up with the sound.
Bad news man bad news, I mean if you are racing and only racing go for it but the pullies are made to slip some so that when you are slamming on the throttle there is some slip so all of the accessories etc don't get jolted so bad, the cog system leaves no play/slip so it is more stress on the accessories. I mean the thing sounds mean as can be and zero slip but you wont just lose boost from belt slip, you will also lose boost due to the factory fail safes and torque management etc blah blah so you may not slip a bit but still lose boost, honestly I think you would do better with a lower pulley, upper pulley and an idler. I have the idler on my cobra and I guess it helps somewhat but the longer I have had the smaller the pulley the more the thing seems to have some slip to it, but that might also have to do with the fact that I have the street pulley that isnt as bitey as the race pulley

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Still the stock blower? I have a 2.7 upper and a billetflow idler and I haven't been experiencing any slip....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts