Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opened my radiator cap and holy sheep sh1t....that is the worse case of muck and sludge I have ever seen. I ran some Peak flush through it and it helped, but Im looking for something really potent.....anyone know of something good?

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I have used prestone, don't know if it's the best or not but it worked.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I use the prestone also, but I put it in and drive it for a couple days and realy let it work around in the system, the wife had a 99 sable and the cooling system in those cars is known for becoming mucked up fast, if you stay on top of the system like most people don't you keep your self from the dreaded fox body heater core swap.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I use restaurant grade degrease agent in my radiators.. pull the rad, cap the ends off, fill it with water and detergent, cap off overflow, put cap on, let it sit all night, pull a cap off and watch the crap run out. Do it about twice a year, and keep good coolant to keep the oxidation out of the engine. Most 'muk' is actually iron oxide

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I just fill and flush a few times with water until is stays clear than drain it all out one last time and fill with a 50/50 mix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts