Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to getting a better launch at the track. I'm about to purchase some 4cyl fox front springs and wanted to know what would be the best rear springs.

Thanks
Al

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I'm looking to getting a better launch at the track. I'm about to purchase some 4cyl fox front springs and wanted to know what would be the best rear springs.

Thanks
Al
I wouldnt even really worry about them man. Youll do really well with just a set of lower control arms. My buddy has an 04 gt with all boltons 4.10's stock suspension except for his eibach pro-kit springs and he launches on slicks at about 5k and still runs a 12.7.

If you are really set on a some though I would pick up a set of the eibach drag launch springs, or if you only want the rears you can get some springs made by maximum motorsports that are pretty stiff and are made for launching.you can get them here Rear Torque Arm Springs (350-390 lb/in) - 79-04 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
With your time of a 15.2, right now I would worry about some control arms and stickier tires, but you have to be careful not to break anything.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
i wouldn't worry about anything on your car right now but the driver mod. There is no point in your buying stuff for your car when you can't even run what a V6 does almost stock. Just go to the track and practice on what is on your car now. When you get down to at least 14.0's then i say start getting suspension items. Eibach drag springs are good, thats what i have but springs aren't really going to make a difference. Rear control arms, drag radials, but the biggest thing is learning how to drive.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I wouldnt even really worry about them man. Youll do really well with just a set of lower control arms. My buddy has an 04 gt with all boltons 4.10's stock suspension except for his eibach pro-kit springs and he launches on slicks at about 5k and still runs a 12.7.

If you are really set on a some though I would pick up a set of the eibach drag launch springs, or if you only want the rears you can get some springs made by maximum motorsports that are pretty stiff and are made for launching.you can get them here Rear Torque Arm Springs (350-390 lb/in) - 79-04 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com
Uppers help on traction during launching

·
Registered
387 Posts
i wouldn't worry about anything on your car right now but the driver mod. There is no point in your buying stuff for your car when you can't even run what a V6 does almost stock. Just go to the track and practice on what is on your car now. When you get down to at least 14.0's then i say start getting suspension items. Eibach drag springs are good, thats what i have but springs aren't really going to make a difference. Rear control arms, drag radials, but the biggest thing is learning how to drive.
+1 on driver mod, i wish i could get more practice in at the track, espesially with the uppers, lowers and eibach drag launch springs, what good is lots of power if you cant get it to plant. speaking of practice, other than the track what would be a good track like surface to practice on?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
+1 on driver mod, i wish i could get more practice in at the track, espesially with the uppers, lowers and eibach drag launch springs, what good is lots of power if you cant get it to plant. speaking of practice, other than the track what would be a good track like surface to practice on?

I did a low 11 with a stock suspension so power does help. My best 60' with a stock suspension and 17" dr's was a 1.66

I have added subframes and a tubukar k member with drag springs in the front and so far my time has not improved any. Maybe I just need more practice with the new set up.

I hope the lowers and upper control arms help that I plan on next week.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry, that time is about a year old. i've ran a 14.3 so driver mod is not the problem. traction is my biggest problem (stock wheels), but i already have DRs and lower/upper control arms on the list. I just wanted to know what the best rear spring was for launching.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts