Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a dilemma with my rims and tires. I have an 02 GT and would like to get a staggered setup, but I don't want to overdo it to the point when I'd be chafing tires and have bad drivability. I would like run NT05R drag radials, what I was thinking of running 285/40ZR17 back 275/40ZR17 front like it was on there when I bought it. But at the same time I'm not even sure if this is a good setup for my GT, because this guy has had these tires on the stock 245 rims causing the tires to chafe to the metal, good thing I noticed before I went on the highway ;) . I spoke to couple people at tire kingdom and they say for the 285's I would need a 10" rim, so I go look for a 17x10 5x114.3mm but its a ****ing nightmare looking for something in this size. All I can find is 10.5 is that even going to fit or would that cause shaffing? Also all I can find is like 4 different ones, is there a site that I'm forgetting? Does this setup make sense to you guys or is it total bullshit just like him putting 285 tire on 245 rim? What is the best setup? What are you guys running? I would like something that would have a nice beefy setup for drag but I'm also gonna daily it so I can't go too crazy. Any comments or help is appreciated. Marco

·
Registered
124 Posts
285 will fit a 10.5" wheel. I'm running 285's on a 10" (18" wheels though). I'm running 275/35/18 front & 285/35/18 rear. Only a slight rub on full-lock in the front. No rubbing in the rear. Traction is good. I'm using Nitto NT555s for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts