Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a pair of bare aluminum procomp heads. Its set up for 2.02 / 1.60 valves. I'm wondering what are the best rocker arm and spring combinations for these heads that are going on a 347 stroker with a .570 / .560 lift cam?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
so dont take this the wrong way, but why spend the money on the stroker and buy those cheap heads?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they have to be alot better than gt40p heads. I was thinking if I was going to buy cheaper iron heads for now, then switch to aluminums in the long run...mind as well have gotten some sort of aluminums with a 3 angle valve job and porting already AND save an extra 50 pounds. So thats what I did lol.

·
902 Posts
Well they have to be alot better than gt40p heads. I was thinking if I was going to buy cheaper iron heads for now, then switch to aluminums in the long run...mind as well have gotten some sort of aluminums with a 3 angle valve job and porting already AND save an extra 50 pounds. So thats what I did lol.
:eek: good luck with the saving 50lbs and sacraficing all that airflow you could have gotten with decent heads.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
well what im saying is that they are known to be pretty crappy heads, meaning they dont flow that great and they need a lot of machine work before they are up to par, you would be better off returning those and finding a used set of tfs, of canfields over on corral

·
902 Posts
yeah you can pick stuff up used, maybe even NEW used parts. i bought a pair of brand new TW fully CNCd with valves and springs for 1300. obviously you dont NEED CNCd heads but its all in your budge realy. just stay away from crappy manufactured parts, expecially when a key component.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, i get what guys are saying. There a piece of **** head. So whats a good rocker/spring combination for this piece of **** head? hahaha

Oh and I gotcha on the porting part. But the dude said they already have porting / polishing done plus a 3 angle valve job.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Ok, i get what guys are saying. There a piece of **** head. So whats a good rocker/spring combination for this piece of **** head? hahaha

Oh and I gotcha on the porting part. But the dude said they already have porting / polishing done plus a 3 angle valve job.
springs are gonna depend on your cam specs, send it to a reputable machine shop and let them pick some out for you. just get some comp 1.6 roller rockers, or harland sharp. Jesel if the wallets deep.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The best spring/rockers are the ones that come with a free CNC port job and 5 angle valve job. Otherwise, buy a different head, or I sense disappointment in your future.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright well I just picked up springs off ebay. Brandy new AFR 8000 doubles

Says it can handle cams all the way up to .710 lift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts