Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today my et streets are getting chewed up on the inside it appears it's hitting that lip on the fender, plan on cutting it off it's behind the wheel anyways, my front and rear suspension is softer than it should be and I think it's time for shocks who offers the best shocks? I need something stiffer I believe it's the original shocks from 86 thanks again!

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
That inside fender people normally bang in and bend back out of the way to clear wider tires...... and shocks depends on the purpose of the car. if it's a street car that you run at the track where launching is a concern then i'd suggest the strange 10 way adjustables

·
Registered
816 Posts
I am running Gabriel Ultra struts and soon to be shocks and i noticed a big difference when i installed the struts, they are a quality bang for the buck strut/shock. If your not looking to get too fancy then i would look into the gabriels, they arent a killer on the wallet either..

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
That inside fender people normally bang in and bend back out of the way to clear wider tires...... and shocks depends on the purpose of the car. if it's a street car that you run at the track where launching is a concern then i'd suggest the strange 10 way adjustables
If you've got et streets, then this^^. they work well on a street car, just adjust them where they are comfortable for the street, and start at 2 for the strip and work up and down on the fronts till you get your best 60 foot. As for the rears, 5 is where you should start with and leave them alone at the track till you get the fronts where they work well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can I get Gabriel shocks online? I checked my front shocks and I believe they are lakewoods? Rear appears to be stock

·
Registered
816 Posts
autozone carries gabriel brand and also you could prolly find them on ebay too

·
Registered
176 Posts
hey i have the eibach drag springs with 70/30 front lakewood struts and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear. its rides nice on the street but still can launch hard at the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts