Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Newbie!!!!
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First 5.0.so bare with me. Now it has dumped flow masters and dont care much for.it. It sounds good at idle but not.a.fan otherwise. Thinking about takung it all the way.out with ss tips. I think it will sound better but not sure what muffler.to go with. Not sure what flow.masters are on there now. Probly 40 series

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Im running BBk headers, BBK off road Mid pipe and a American thunder Cat back system and it sounds great at idle and while driving.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
This type of thread is probably best set up with a poll.

Personally I don't like chambered mufflers(flowmasters) I prefer magnaflows. If you like the chambered sound take a look at Mac flowpaths

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Best bet is to start digging through youtube for clips of different exhaust setups. There's no objective "best" when it comes to sound, just opinions and what's popular.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I recommend you hit up youtube and just start looking through exhaust vid clips of Fox Bodies. I personally like my exhaust setup and think it's perfect, Mac LT Headers, Mac O/R H-pipe, and SLP LM1 catback.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
flowmasters are the best

·
Newbie!!!!
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car has shorty headers and an H pipe but im not sure on the brand of either. Ive watched a few utube vids but you cant tell much about the way half of them sound

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
After we settle on the best sounding exhaust, lets move on to the best color.
I'd say red, silver, or black. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mac pro dumps and color.....grabber blue!!!!

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I have BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe and a flowmaster cat-back... 40 series mufflers and I love the way it sounds. But I also have heads/cam/intake so it sounds a bit different than a stock mustang.

I'm going to re-do the exhaust on this thing next season. My h pipe is leaking, so I'm going to get a Bassani x-pipe and a Bassani cat-back or a dynomax cat-back.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
990 Posts
Red FTW......
I'm running cheap welded thrush mufflers. $35 bucks apiece, and sound just as good as anything else, IMO...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts