Modded Mustang Forums banner

best sounding exhaust on these 5.0s??

11K views 58 replies 28 participants last post by  ryanw 
#1 ·
First 5.0.so bare with me. Now it has dumped flow masters and dont care much for.it. It sounds good at idle but not.a.fan otherwise. Thinking about takung it all the way.out with ss tips. I think it will sound better but not sure what muffler.to go with. Not sure what flow.masters are on there now. Probly 40 series

#2 ·
Im running BBk headers, BBK off road Mid pipe and a American thunder Cat back system and it sounds great at idle and while driving.

#9 ·
flowmasters are the best

#13 ·
The car has shorty headers and an H pipe but im not sure on the brand of either. Ive watched a few utube vids but you cant tell much about the way half of them sound

#17 ·
Mac pro dumps and color.....grabber blue!!!!

#18 ·
I have BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe and a flowmaster cat-back... 40 series mufflers and I love the way it sounds. But I also have heads/cam/intake so it sounds a bit different than a stock mustang.

I'm going to re-do the exhaust on this thing next season. My h pipe is leaking, so I'm going to get a Bassani x-pipe and a Bassani cat-back or a dynomax cat-back.

Sent from my galaxy s II

#26 ·
I have BBK shortie headers, a BBK offroad x-pipe, and mac produmps. Everyone I talk too says my mustang has a distinct sound that sounds completely different than any other mustang theyve ever heard. Look up my video on youtube.com/MattfromNorwood

#27 ·
Youtube videos never seem to do justice because the sound quality almost always sucks. In addition, everyone ends up having different combinations of parts.
When I first got into my car, I saw all the youtube clips of cammed cars, thinking an exhaust system alone could get that sound, haha.

My opinion, Dynomax Super Turbos. Not super ass annoying loud, but they sound great at an idle, and love them when they open up.

EDIT: After watching 69Fastback's video, I should amend my comment... to many youtube videos have crap sound quality.

#28 ·
Youtube videos never seem to do justice because the sound quality almost always sucks. In addition, everyone ends up having different combinations of parts.
When I first got into my car, I saw all the youtube clips of cammed cars, thinking an exhaust system alone could get that sound, haha.

My opinion, Dynomax Super Turbos. Not super ass annoying loud, but they sound great at an idle, and love them when they open up.
Yes because some folks record with devices that have horrible audio pickup.

#31 ·
It doesn't seem like the gopros pick up a lot of sound. My car isn't loud, but it's louder than it seems in the video.
Sounded good through my speakers. But I do think you are at close to the max level of recording volume at idle, not making the rev seem much louder.

#35 ·
my 2 stangs- 94 gt vert and 92 lx vert both 5.0's

first is my 94 gt vert that is a dealer faux cobra 5-speed, has stock headers,bbk x pipe with out cats, side pipes and dynaflow mufflers, loud as heck and can't wait to put in a new cam.

second is my 92 lx vert pony limited automatic tranny, bbk equal length chrome heafers, ford e303 cam through jones exhaust stainledd mufflers, pretty quiet but sounds good, this is the wifes ride.

love my stangs
bhk308

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.