Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am looking at suspensions for my 2008 stang...trying to figure out the best one to buy so i can hook up on the street with the most power...looked at the roush one but didnt know if it was the best..thanks

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
This is a loaded question. Just wanna go in a straight line or do you want it to turn as well? How much power is "The most power"? The key to suspension is doing it as a system. Setting it up for how it is going to be driven the majority of its life.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what would be best for every day use persay..making it a fun car but wont be on the track a whole lot..

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
what would be best for every day use persay..making it a fun car but wont be on the track a whole lot..
It's all about compromise. The stiffer you set up the rear axel for launching or getting power to the ground the more you give up in handling. You have to figure out what your priorities are going to be and then we can steer you in the right direction.

I would probably suggest some LCA's, and if you are running serious power, maybe even some relocation brackets so that you can angle them. But again that my lead to a car with some snap oversteer characteristics like mine. I don't mind it that way because I like to kick the ass end of my car around a bit, but others may find it a bit unnerving or twitchy. So it's all up to you and what you are willing to give up for the straight line performance and still be considered to yourself as streetable.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Coilovers- Coilovers have a progressive spring rate for both front and rear. The good thing about coilovers that will help your road conditions and seasons is they are adjustable. The front can be adjusted from 1.2” to 2.4” and the rear 1.6” to 2.4”. If the summer months you want it slammed adjust it and roll, when winter comes lift it back up to accommodate the roads. Price: $1037.69 shipped to your door.

Coilovers with Sway Bars- With the coilovers performance packaged with larger sway bars it will make your car handle very well. This is the ideal setup for your Mustang. The front sway bars are 1 3/8” and rear sway bars are 1”. These are solid sway bars which makes these very strong. These will also be a direct replacement to your OEM bars. Price: $1350 shipped to your door.

Lowering Springs with Sport Shocks- The ST lowering coils with get you 1.4” of drop front and rear. I have their coils on my Nissan Altima which has many performance parts and I like the ride quality. The ST shocks are designed for lowered suspension unlike factory shocks that most customers keep. Using stock shocks makes for a harsh ride,bottoming out and premature wear of your shocks. This is all avoided when using ST struts/shocks. The valve tuning and reduced travel make the ride very comfort. Price: $625 shipped to your door.

Lowering Springs with Sport Shocks and Sway Bars- This is your best bet if coilovers are not in your budget or what you feel you need. This will make your mustang hug the road around those corners. Price: $950 shipped to your door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts