Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what in your opinion/research would be the stickiest 20,000 mile tire out there. for about $250 each. i was looking at BFgoods g-force t/a kd tires. or nitto nt555 tires. anyone have any other suggestions. as much info possible would be awsome. thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
I havn't tried any other tires yet but i kno for a fact that the tires that i have on my car are definately better than what i was rollin wit b4.. i got Continental ContiSportContact3 on my car.. good grip and good on the street as well

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice, yeah i heard great things a bout the nt555r's but you'll get like 15000 out of em IF your nice to them. haha. what about goodyear eagle f1's. or humho MX, or yokohama's?

·
Registered
301 Posts
i reccommend firehawk gt's. they are about 100 a wheel and have excellent traction/treadwear.

i do burnouts all the time, been driving 4k miles in em, and the rear wheels are about 1/32nd less tread than the front, and thats very little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
tires

I loved my BFG drag radials for about 2,000 miles now there toast.
Looking at the Mickey drag radials heard there better. Oh ya you said you wanted mileage not traction sorry can't have both.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what about the tires that come with these wheels i want?

AFS Wheels

did some research on em and they seem nice.
not sure of the treadwear or anything. but a great deal on rims and tires right?

BTW those cobra rims are the exact ones i want

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tires from Tiresbyweb.com

Hey everyone. I'm new to the site, but i just bought some new Nokian Z-G2tires for my Mustang from Tiresbyweb.com. If you're looking for tires i would recommend checking them out. I got my tires really quickly, and it was nice not having to pay for shipping. Not to mention the tires look amazing.

Their facebook page is actually pretty helpful. I know they have some kind of deal going now too...some Fan of the Week Contest.

"Winners will receive a $10 off single wheel/tire purchase or $40 off a set of 4 wheels/tires.
So start sending us those pictures of you and your cars in order to become the next TiresByWeb fan of the week. Submit your photos today!"

Sounds like a pretty good deal, i got $40 off my set of tires. Always nice to save money.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I can't speak for sticky off the line, but insofar as sticky in the corners I can make a few recommendations:

Federal 595 SS
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs
Hankook Ventus V12 EVOs (cheap, grippy, and have a rebate here 'til the end of the month... hella quiet, too)

Of those four, I think you'd be happiest with the Hankooks.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
I can't speak for sticky off the line, but insofar as sticky in the corners I can make a few recommendations:

1) Federal 595 SS
2) Dunlop Direzza Star Specs
3) Hankook Ventus V12 EVOs (cheap, grippy, and have a rebate here 'til the end of the month... hella quiet, too)

Of those four, I think you'd be happiest with the Hankooks.
Of these four?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Good catch, Mama.

I edited that a couple times, and had listed Toyo R1Rs one of the times, then realized that the treadwear wasn't near high enough.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Ahhh ok cool - I was wondering what the magical fourth one was! :lol

So are these good for daily driving too Rev?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just put Nitto 555s on my '88 GT 347 - after reading all the online testimonials from Stang owners. The Nitto tread wear rating is very high compared to other popular price tires such as Sumitomos - and owners confirm the result. Traction is even better than I expected - car hooks the best it ever has with street tires.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I've got a set of Sumitomo HTR Z II's on my car right now. They're not the stickiest tires in the world but I've got around 3k miles on mine with plenty of burnouts and shitty road driving and they've got 85-90% tread left on them. The fronts are even better. 245s cost like $122 each and 285s were $170 each.

i heard the Nitto NT555r has good traction and holds up pretty good.
I've heard the NT555rs actually wear pretty fast, especially if you treat them like most of us treat out tires :dunno

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
I may be the odd one out, but I've been really pleased with my Falken Ziex-512s. Bought them on a recommendation from the gentleman at Discount Tire for a tier similarly priced to the Nitto NT555 (and with a better warranty at that, 30,000 miles). I run 245/45/17s all around at the moment.

They have great dry traction but also hold up very well (better in review to the Nitto) in rain. It was raining very, very hard the other day and it handled about the same as it does in dry.

Just another option, I've been pleased with the Falken. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts