Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a lot of research on what to do about fuel and ignition on the motor i'm about to build and i can't decide between going with an aftermarket computer system or a tuner for the stock ecu. Apparently i have to keep the stock computer regardless to drive the gauges and key remote, so i'm leaning towards tuning the stock computer at this point.
What does everyone recommend for a 700hp centrifugally supercharged engine?
The sniper tuners seems to be my first choice at the moment, it looks like it has the most adjustment by far, but i couldn't find any good post on this forum that gives a little more detail about it... maybe i'm just looking in the wrong area
Any input?

·
Registered
998 Posts
SCT X3 or Sniper setup. There is alot of arguement with this. The sniper system is tunable from a personal laptop and the x3 is tunable from the hand held unit. The only drawback from the x3 is that it is best to have you car dyno'ed to get the best tune from it but, there are alot of shops able to tune it. The sniper kit has alot of point and click tuning but it don't do the justice of an actual dyno tune. Both tuners can be customized but they both require a wideband O2 to have it done right.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked at the sct x3, but it only says wide open throttle fuel adjustment
apparently you don't have to worry as much about pre-detention with a centrifugal as you do a roots super charger, but needless to say, running lean would still be very bad

·
Registered
998 Posts
centrificals will not create boost unless you are at WOT or close to it. The sniper kit is designed to work with the most normal bolt on's and add'ons like 42 lb injectors and lightning mass air. but the the x3 is more fine tunable at a dyno tuner. they can get the most out of the car. There are some dyno tuners out there that can tune on them but they will prefer the x3. Just easier for them to do it with out issues.

·
Banned
491 Posts
call Justin @ VMP and tell him stephen with the white mustang sent you.. you will be taken care of, if your car is super charged he know whats to do, some of his stock GT and V6 tunes are kind of generic but he is very good with Cobra's and Blower applications.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
SCT here for the last 4 years with a blower and have no reason to get anything different. go to sctflash.com and look up tuners in your area.

and are you ready to step up to 700 hp? what are you going with a F1 blower and forged everything? not to mention the fuel system, clutch, tranny and rearend.

·
Banned
837 Posts
I am a dealer for all 3 brands , SCT , Diablo and Sniper ( now Delta Force ) , if you plan on tuning any supercharged car yourself without taking it to a dyno tuner , you will need the Delta Force Commando kit or an SCT pro racer package , both will work great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts