Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my GT stand out a little more. What's the best visual appearance mod to make without completely breaking the bank in your opinion? I'm looking for a direction to take my car in mainly, even if it's just one small piece at a time. Stripes? Body kit? Different spoiler? What do you guys think? Pics if you got em!

Here's a pic of what I'm working with as it sits now:
[/IMG]

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just did a little apperance stuff to mine. I think for me it was the Window Louvers and the Hood Scoop that added a big change in look. I also added side scoops and headlight splitters. Although Apexodus is right wheels would make a huge differance. Just need money to do it.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Tint does a lot, plus keeps the inside of your car cooler in the summer, spend less gas on A/C. As far as least to most expensive on average, then it goes lowering springs(performance improvement, too!), wheels and tires, body kit.

Well...springs alone would be next cheapest, but if you want to lower it right, wheels and tires may be cheaper. :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
The car looks good from the factory so leave the bodykit out of it. Wheels is what sets the personality of the car and the direction for future mods in my opinion. Finding a unique set now-a-days is the difficult part...

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Replacing the terrible stock spoiler would be good, too. :p That's comparatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is my daily driver so I'm a little nervous about lowering it and I don't have the money for new wheels and tires at the moment. When these tires wear out I'll probably swap the wheels out then.
I'm thinking tints and window louvers and maybe a hood scoop to start. I just don't know which to do first. i already spent all my money on the tune, cai, and exhaust so I may have to wait a bit before doing anything else :(

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
This is my daily driver so I'm a little nervous about lowering it and I don't have the money for new wheels and tires at the moment. When these tires wear out I'll probably swap the wheels out then.
I'm thinking tints and window louvers and maybe a hood scoop to start. I just don't know which to do first. i already spent all my money on the tune, cai, and exhaust so I may have to wait a bit before doing anything else :(
I would say tint, then. Be sure to listen to his instructions, haha...may vary depending on who does it, but I was instructed not to roll down my windows for a week or two, and to not use my rear defrost for a month.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Wheels hands down. It starts the stance and that naturally starts the eyes scanning.. Amongst enthusiasts, lowering is second in my opinion it's natural progression from the wheels and instantly noticed not only up close, but from a distance.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know for lowering I don't want to just do the springs. I want to do it right and at least go BMR lowering kit with D-Spec Struts/Shocks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've already suggested EIBACH Pro-Kit for DD vehicles. I did just the spring swap and lasted me over a year and with camber bolts my alignment is spot on. I will be doing adjustable panhard bar, shocks/struts next.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
A new hood changes the look pretty drastically since you can't afford rims.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
HIDs, chin spoiler, gt500 rear spoiler, window louvers or scoops, window tint, etc...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was originally thinking of doing a shaker hood. i love that look, but I didn't want to spend $600-700 dollars just for that. I'm gonna tint and scoop the hood and do window louvers in whatever order I can.

On a separate note, does anyone here have pics of a blue s197 with stripes? I don't know if that would look good or not.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I know for lowering I don't want to just do the springs. I want to do it right and at least go BMR lowering kit with D-Spec Struts/Shocks.
Like Kevo said, lowering right doesn't necessarily mean shocks and struts inclusive. Getting a quality progressive spring and getting the car in spec alignment wise as well as centering up the rear with a panhard is plenty "the right way" and certainly not a bank breaker.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I would say that rims make the car... just save for rims!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Like Kevo said, lowering right doesn't necessarily mean shocks and struts inclusive. Getting a quality progressive spring and getting the car in spec alignment wise as well as centering up the rear with a panhard is plenty "the right way" and certainly not a bank breaker.
Very true, but I also heard lowering springs and not changing shock/struts will wear out your stocks one quickly. Mine as well knock it out all at once.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Lowering springs with wheels... If too expensive for now, window louvers.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Unless you get just a hood scoop, and get that painted, a hole hood is going to cost you about $500. Plus the paint job. So, instead of doing that, get something that's functional... i.e. springs. My car is my DD in the spring, summer, and fall. I'm lowered 1.5" AND have the Cervini front cover. My bumper is 3" off the ground...

1 - 20 of 125 Posts