Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a couple of friends helping me install my longtube headers yesterday and one of them stripped out a thread in the block. What's the best way to fix this? I really don't want to take it into a shop but if I have to so be it.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
That's what you get for not calling me up to help, jk. Just retap it and you should be good. You might think about using a helicoil but I'm not sure if that will work well on aluminum heads as opposed to iron heads.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Just tap it for sure, I had to retap one of the holes for the valve cover.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Aaron, did you get your headers bolted up?

And have you seen a midnight mayhem schedule yet for this year? Can't seem to find out any info.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it fixed. As far as I've seen, they don't have a midnight mayhem schedule up yet.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I got it fixed. As far as I've seen, they don't have a midnight mayhem schedule up yet.

Well I'm glad you got it fixed. Did you just re-tap it, or did you have to use a coil? Where is the video of the new exhaust?

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have a video just yet. I straight piped it before I got LTs and the midpipe so it is ridiculously loud. My new axleback should be in next week though so I'll make a video then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts