Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I somehow got white over-spray on my car. What is a good way to get the over-spray off of the black trim.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clay bar worked on the paint really well but it dont seem to came off the plastic stuff as well.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The first thing I'd try is a kitchen sponge (with the rough green back) and scrub with car soap and water.

Probably going to need to play around with chemicals. Just test the chemical on a small spot to make sure it doesn't fade or do something to the plastic.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.. I'm headed outside to try.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
The first thing I'd try is a kitchen sponge (with the rough green back) and scrub with car soap and water.
might as well just polish it with the paint on there to remove it because you're gonna have to polish the hell out of it after that anyways.

try some kerosene or diesel, then rewax if the clay doesn't work.

·
Registered
818 Posts
clay bar and some elbow grease worked for me...had to do it twice

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it off. Used a scrubber pad out of my kitchen and then the back to black, looks good as new.

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
might as well just polish it with the paint on there to remove it because you're gonna have to polish the hell out of it after that anyways.

try some kerosene or diesel, then rewax if the clay doesn't work.
Read the thread before posting. We are not talking about the paint but plastic. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Best way to get overspray off of glass is steel wool (0000 steel wool). Best way to get overspray off paint is a little paint thinner on a rag and wipe it on the car. Best way to get it off of plastic would be try using detail spray and a rage and just rub real hard. Dont use an abrasives though.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Best way to get overspray off of glass is steel wool (0000 steel wool). Best way to get overspray off paint is a little paint thinner on a rag and wipe it on the car. Best way to get it off of plastic would be try using detail spray and a rage and just rub real hard. Dont use an abrasives though.
Even 0000 steel wool can scratch a window. Clay bar works fine for windows. If not, I'd use a brand new razor blade with a LOT of QD to lubricate the window. Why wouldn't you just use a clay bar, again, to get overspray off paint?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The clay bar is the safest way to get the overspray off of everything. It works on glass, plastic, and paint. Its usually under $30 for a kit but its well worth the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts