Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone have any helpful links on the best way to remove my little 2v...step by step instructions with pictures would be tits...im planning my build for this summer and want to get my ducks in a row now

·
Registered
922 Posts
take the driveshaft off and disconnect all the wiring and pull the engine, trans out all at once. thats how I do it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I pulled it from the top when i did it. Pull the hood off, then go to town. Pull the fan and shroud. Pull the wiring harness...harness is very straight forward on these cars. Pull the fuel rails and set them off to the side. When i did it, i pulled the intake...dont like putting pressure on a plastic intake. Disconnect the motor mounts. Definatly pull the engine and trans at the same time...this will make the job 10x easier. Pull the dampener (crank pulley) before you seperate it from the tranny.

Most bolts on our car are metric, make sure you have a nice set of deep socket and short sockets. The only bolts i have found so far that are standard are the bolts that hold in the torque convertor.

I'm not sure about clearance since you have long tubes...i have a stock exhaust manifolds on my car, so when i put the motor back in i bolted up the manifolds before i dropped it in...getting to the bolts on the manifold are a real PITA (without dropping k member).

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys...what about leaving the ac compressor up in there so i dont have to get the system recharged

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thanks guys...what about leaving the ac compressor up in there so i dont have to get the system recharged
You can leave it hooked up, just set it off to the side supported by a piece of wood or something to keep tension off the lines...same with power steering pump.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yeah..hopefully my dad will be springing for a lift soon...he keeps talking about it anyways

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
i have been told this is the way to go when pulling mod motors, but if you dont have a lift, thats not very helpful :D
I dont have a lift. And im pulling mine next week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts