Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking to get a tune for my 500 and was wondering who you guys think is the better tuner Jon Lund of Lethal Performance or Justin with VMP?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Justin definitely knows his stuff, better on the dyno. Jon is great as well, can't go wrong with either one.

This is really hard, you're asking about two really great tuners.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
+2 There is not that much a difference among tuners as long as they know what they are doing. I run the same track times with my American muscle 91 race, DMP dyno tune and Amazon tuning solutions tune.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Flip a coin, and hope it doesn't land on it's edge... I've heard great things about both.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
They are both great tuners that know what they are doing. Jon is included in one of the few people that I would let tune my car. However, Lethal Performance doesn't do any installations or tuning at their shop. It's simply a retail store. I'm not even sure if they do in store sales or if it's just online. Jon Lund doesn't live in Florida, either. I believe he's still in PA or something. So considering Justin lives in Florida and you could get a dyno tune. Go with him besides look at what he's done with his own GT500 and customer cars.

816 RWHP 2007 Shelby GT500 VMP 2.3L TVS - VMP Tuning Message Board

·
Registered
348 Posts
^ You are correct, Jon Lund lives in PA now. He is an awesome tuner, but from what your saying Justin is a great tuner that lives around black beauty so id have to agree go with justin.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Agreed with pretty much everything so far. If your on SCT, I think Justin may have a leg up just because he may know the software a bit better. But, when it comes to tuning skills they are both equal in my opinion as well.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Yeah vmp is great, he's had my data log for about 3 weeks now with no reply after repeated e mails and phone calls, I have to get bbr to clean up the mess he left me with:)

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
go with the one who has successfully tuned more cars... it takes practice and patience to tune our cars... I have been beside my tuner while he was going thru my tune... wholly crap is there a bunch of stuff to know... I would say there are no less than 4000 changable parameters from just what we were working on... there isnt any school you can go to to learn all the different stuff you can do... I know SCT has some courses for the people that buy the tuning software but there is still a learning curve... and you have to be a dealer... I mean they have base tunes to start off from but when you start making crazy power then the tune makes all the difference

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
They are both great tuners that know what they are doing. Jon is included in one of the few people that I would let tune my car. However, Lethal Performance doesn't do any installations or tuning at their shop. It's simply a retail store. I'm not even sure if they do in store sales or if it's just online. Jon Lund doesn't live in Florida, either. I believe he's still in PA or something. So considering Justin lives in Florida and you could get a dyno tune. Go with him besides look at what he's done with his own GT500 and customer cars.

816 RWHP 2007 Shelby GT500 VMP 2.3L TVS - VMP Tuning Message Board
lethal in san Antonio does sales, installations, and dyno tuning...the retail area (if you'd even call it that) is like 10x20, but their shop is HUGE...I'd say it holds at least 15 cars. I've never seen less than about 25-30 cars on their property.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
lethal in san Antonio does sales, installations, and dyno tuning...the retail area (if you'd even call it that) is like 10x20, but their shop is HUGE...I'd say it holds at least 15 cars. I've never seen less than about 25-30 cars on their property.
Are we talking about 'that' shop in San Antonio? I don't think Jon Lund tunes there... I've heard some less than stellar things about them. Regardless I was under the impression we were talking about the real Lethal Performance in South Florida whom Jon Lund writes tunes for resale.

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
I use Lethal Performance in San Antonio. I dont think they are affiliated in any way with the other Lethal Performance. They have their own tuner.

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
Are we talking about 'that' shop in San Antonio? I don't think Jon Lund tunes there... I've heard some less than stellar things about them. Regardless I was under the impression we were talking about the real Lethal Performance in South Florida whom Jon Lund writes tunes for resale.
No, Lund isn't there, but we're talking about Lethal Performance, and whether they do dyno tunes.
As far as whether the San Antonio Lethal being associated with the Florida Lethal, I don't know the answer to that. Maybe they're not...hmm

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
No, Lund isn't there, but we're talking about Lethal Performance, and whether they do dyno tunes.
As far as whether the San Antonio Lethal being associated with the Florida Lethal, I don't know the answer to that. Maybe they're not...hmm
They aren't associated at all. The Lethal Performance in South Florida does not do dyno tunes. Since Jon Lund does write tunes for them to include with their supercharger packages I think it's probably safe to assume that's who the OP was talking about.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts