Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went termi shopping recently and was fortunate enough to find a fanatic that had multiple 03 and 04 cobras. This guy had cobras varying from clean to tapping and coupes to verts. Each of the models varied from stock to nearly 500 RWHP. I called the guy and talked to him before my visit, seeing as it was a 6-7 hour drive, and we discussed the basics. He offered that i can get financing through his dealership. Also, I inquired about a car that did not have pics but was listed on his site. He told me he just got it in and its ready to go, but he just hasn't got the chance to post the pics yet. Heres where everything got twisted. I drove 7 hours to this place and the competition orange that i was looking at was not ready. It needed front tires to drive home(they were bald like an old pair of back tires) in order to pass my inspection it needed cats to be added and tint to be stripped. Instead of taking the price down he offered only to Put tires on for 150$ a piece, and cats for $200. Keep in mind this guy (owner of Hi End Auto of appomattox VA) told me earlier this week that he doesn't buy cobras without cats because they were most likely beat on... ass. So i decide this car is out of my reach and i test drive a redfire coupe that drives looks and acts completely stock.. And believe me i was in heaven. We decide to procede with the deal and he takes me to his dealer for financing. Would you believe this asshole doesn't even know the hours they work. I drove to the dealership at 3:30pm to find nobody's home. being as this cobra has only 30000 miles, higher than the others i've looked at, i wound up providing mjy own financing. It the occurs to him that the car is not inspected yet... and he cannot send it home with me, BUTTT... Conveniently enough, he can ship it to me for 350$ and for an additional 350$ he can ship my trade in to his dealer.. I know i'm almost Ranting at this point, But i left this morning at 7 AM and got ho0me at 10 PM. All this guy had to say was, i'll check to see what we can do for financing, and you can't take the car home so you might as well wait till its ready. I guess i'm pissed off for many reasons, But this guy just wasted 16 hours in one day, an oil change, and 700 miles on my car that i'm getting rid of. This guy is a Pharmacist with the "Hobby" of selling cars, and please beware of dealing with him. He is in west virginia, he seems to have the best cobras on the east coast as far as dealers go. But this guy does not know how to run a dealership. Hes just a guy with a lot and a hobby. I drove 7 hours there and he didn't even know when HIS financing was open and that his car wasn't ready... I'm ****ing pissed and that being said... be careful. If anyone wants to console me, feel free.

·
Registered
599 Posts
wow i would of been irrate man.. thats a shitty deal altogether

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i had a 6 and a half hour drive home to come to terms... and the whole way i home i was thinking about how to make everyone aware of what happened. Modded Mustangs is Phase 1 of the process.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i would put it out there too.. sounds like this guy is a joke

·
Registered
77 Posts
well, you did a good job of making people aware of this guy, this is the first link on google when I type in his dealership. I won't travel the 20 minutes to see his dealership, not worth my time.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
7:00 to 10:00 is 15 hours, not 16

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hello guys

I wouldn't usually respond to a post like this but since I haven't really had any and this one is such a pos I felt a need to respond. There are a few correct items in his post such as this "hobby" isn't how I pay my bills. That means a lot. I'm in a totally different situation than most sellers because I don't have to move these cars to make a living. This is supposed to be fun. Take that however you like. I am sure most people are as confused as I am about the totally unbelievable statements he made and I will take issue with each one.

Cobras from clean to tapping. If he means "tapping" such as a tapping or ticking head then that is a lie. I do not have a ticker and if I were unfortunate enough to get one I have the facilities to replace it.

He called. True. Long drive...yes. Financing thru my dealership?? NO...I only obtained the ability to finance early this year and only for in state buyers. I know the difference between Jersey and Virginia. I do have the ability to utilize the local Ford franchise dealership here to do financing. Most prepared buyers either have financing pre-approved themselves or the Ford dealer here can try to get them pre-approved. There was absolutely no miscommunication here.

The car in question was a competition orange coupe. Very nice car I obtained from an auction site-unseen other than pictures. Unfortunately it arrived with some damage to the fender and bumper that happened at the auction before it was delivered to me. I had a couple of pictures posted on the web that weren't close enough to the car to show the problem just to I could start to generate interest. We have a body shop here with full baking booth and complete mixing facilities. The car was immediately taken in to start repairing the bumper and fender. Since this is a hobby and not totally a money making venture I elected to refinish the hood for rock chips, remove the front license plate bracket and fix the front of the fender. Tires were bald and the exhaust needed cats for inspection here in Va. Rest of the car was great and the entire car would look great when finished with this minor paintwork.

Now...did I tell him it was "ready to go"?? NO!!! I begged him not to come to see it until finished if he truly wanted to drive it home. He insisted on making a road trip to see it. We have a lot of people making road trips which are pretty fruitful since they can see more termies here in one spot than you could see in hours driving all over the mid-atlantic. He knew of every deficiency the car had before coming. Next...tint doesn't have to be removed here for inspection but it is illegal. We also needed to add cats which we keep in stock. None of this was a surprise. I told him that if he came we could negotiate which things I would do and which things I could skip and deduct off the price. The only problem would be getting it home. We could have a driver drive it there or deliver it by truck. I couldn't put on a 30 day tag without a sticker. I do this every day so there is no making a mistake here.

Get this... he says I don't buy Cobras without cats. Can you imagine for a minute how ignorant this must sound? First of all that would eliminate half the Cobras out there. Next...all Cobras are driven pretty hard..just some harder than others. Cats or no cats make no difference and nobody in their right mind would have said such a stupid thing.

The Ford dealership....Yes..believe it or not they don't have set hours on Saturday. Some days they leave at 1pm if slow and others they stay late if they are busy. This is a small town so this is not unusual. How many of you guys would drive 7 hours to possibly buy a car and not have even a clue if you could get financed?? That is unprepared at best.

The car is not inspected. WELL, DUH!! He knew that already! That is why we had agreed to possibly negotiate some things I wouldn't do and take a reduction in price!! $350 was certainly a fair price for shipping. Don't know what the problem was there.

Oh...by the way...I'm in Va and not West Virginia. At least he agreed that I have the best Cobra inventory of just about anywhere. Unfortunately right now it isn't as good as I have had in the past but I still have quite a few. I have had every color made and all at the same time at least once before. Just for fun I took a picture of just a few Cobras I had sitting in the yard. I invite Jacsubi to come by anytime just to check us out. I am sure he has heard of us by now as most every Cobra in Lynchburg came thru us.

Terminators aren't new anymore as they are approaching 6 years old. We now go over every one and will sand, buff, paint, and do anything to make each one the best it can be for all the Cobra lovers out there. This is our passion. Hopefully you can see the truth of what happened that day. Even in your wildest dreams try to imagine what I had to gain by telling this guy to come down when I couldn't even sell the car?? Nothing good could have come out of that. Now think about a very eager guy and friend/friends with nothing else to do on the weekend but see as many as 20 Cobras on one lot and potentially a competition orange which might be ready for sale in a week. This is a very rare car which if it turned out nice would be well worth the trip and certainly worth being the first to have a chance of putting at least a deposit on it to hold it. The car did immediately sell after we finished it.

I'm sure the poster will have some kind of wild retaliation but I think it is going to be hard to lie out of what you see above. I really don't intend to do any more responding. You guys enjoy your Cobras as I have in the past and present.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mike if you were a gentleman you would have this ridiculous thread removed. I have known the owner of Hi-end since well before his dealership was established. Robert is one of the most decent and likable people I know. I remember the debacle you created for them well. Robert told you the deal with the car and still you insisted on coming down. Time is precious especially Roberts and you wasted his time. I cannot believe that you would have the audacity to write such bull **** and then ask for others to console you. I bet you are the type of person who has his day ruined when the burger in your happy meal comes back with pickles on it. Do you go home and write hate mail to Mcdonalds? I bet you do..........ASS!

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Mike if you were a gentleman you would have this ridiculous thread removed. I have known the owner of Hi-end since well before his dealership was established. Robert is one of the most decent and likable people I know. I remember the debacle you created for them well. Robert told you the deal with the car and still you insisted on coming down. Time is precious especially Roberts and you wasted his time. I cannot believe that you would have the audacity to write such bull **** and then ask for others to console you. I bet you are the type of person who has his day ruined when the burger in your happy meal comes back with pickles on it. Do you go home and write hate mail to Mcdonalds? I bet you do..........ASS!
i lol'd at that :lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yikes what a thread. It spans 8 months too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to post on this. I was looking for a GT and this guy had one. It was a low mile 08.
After reading this I was a little warry. I am in Pa and this guy is in VA. I liked the look of the pis but the car had an after market exhaust, other than that it was what I wanted.
I e-mail Robert back and forth several times. I talked to him on the phone. He said he would switch the exhaust, but found out the CD player did not work. He said he would get me a new one put in from FORD if I wanted. He did both of these. He then had a fellow drive the car to me in PA before I paid him for the car! I am very happy with the car to date and the deal could not have gone any smoother. Now I have never met Robert but he did everything he could to make this deal go right, I found him honest and true to his word. I would buy another car from Hi End Auto in a New York minute.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, How are yall? this my First post.

First of all, I've read this thread before i bought my Cobra from Hi-End.. just to let you all know.

I coldn't resist this deal i saw on the autotrader.:D I'm sure there is a misunderstanding going on with the OP and the seller. like he said what he would gain if he lied to you & made you travel all the way.. he will lose you as a customer. i totally understand that.. coming all the way, i would.. to see those beautiful cars and maybe buy one.:yes

I have something to say about Hi-End Auto, I've dealt with Robert (hi-end) before when i bought my 2003 Sonic Blue Cobra:cool: from him 3 months ago, the car is in perfect condition like the way he he described it. he answered every question i asked. i didn't see this guy or talked/dealt with him directly, i live in saudi arabia far, far, away from him, i talked to him over the phone and through e-mailing. let me tell you this guy is true to his words, I asked him if he can send me more pics of the car including some shoots of the pulley that was covered (supercharger cover) to see if the engine is stock or not, also i asked him about the SVT certificate (i know it's just a paper, but it means a lot), SVT book and the Pony emblem (the car came with a Cobra Emblem) and if he could put them in the car, he could lie and say i will do it then he won't do it or say i can't do that, but he refuses to lie, here comes the true part when he said that he do this for fun (Hobby)and to help ppl or car enthusiasts and let them have a chance in owning one of these cars and let them see these cars all in one place.

Glad doing business with ya Robert and it was a pleasure dealing/talking with ya.

I recommend these guys to anyone that wants to buy a Cobra... they have the best collection and they clearly state every car mods that has done to the car.

Robert, I liked the way you made me search for the stuffs i asked you for (certificate, horse emblem). the pony emblem was inside the center (where you rest your arm), and the certificate was behind the driver seat.. it took me 2 days lol. thank you;)

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to clear all this misunderstanding.

Bader

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm sorry to bump the thread with something useless, but could an admin check if the new guys that are posting all have the same IP address by any chance?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
hi end auto is about 35 minutes from where i live in lynchburg...i know plenty of people who have gotten cars from them...two guys with termi's one of which was an 04 mystic...i went with my friend about 2 weeks ago to look at some stuff up there...they have a super nice torch red 03, with a 2.6 KB that makes about 700 hp...687 to be exact...and yes they had dyno sheets...real cool guys to deal with another friend of mine bought a cammed LS1 Z from them almost 2 years ago car was tuned and worked had 32K miles on it and made 489 hp to the wheels..he drove it and ran it almost every weekend for two years and it still ran good...before he finally took the motor out to stroke it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Positive sales experience at Hi-End Auto

I puchased a car from Hi-End Auto a couple of days ago & over the month & a half of dealing with Robert himself saw nothing but honesty & profesionalism portrayed from him, his wife & his employees! I was treated very well like a friend, not just a potential lucrative sale! Robert sent me pics of flaws on the car I purchased that could have deterred me from purchasing & I appreciated that nothing to hide upfrontness about him as well! Robert's wife completed the paperwork in a timely fashion & furnished me with a cold pepsi & googled a return map for me when I departed for home! Robert & his crew hand washed, vacumned, & checked fluid levels & tire pressures all while two potential sales were in progress! Everyone was polite, courteous & attentive! Robert an employee pick me up at the airport with the car I was purchasing just so I could get a quality test drive in before buying!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts