Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm comparing these two tires for an english paper and ill probably get the winner when I'm done. I need to have an interview thing for my paper to see what other people like or have ran. So can you cans let me know pros and cons of these tires if you have ran them? thanks:yes

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I'm comparing these two tires for an english paper and ill probably get the winner when I'm done. I need to have an interview thing for my paper to see what other people like or have ran. So can you cans let me know pros and cons of these tires if you have ran them? thanks:yes
i have KDW1's and i like em. they got good traction but i can still break em loose when i want to.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the Nittos and I love them, they have about 12 thousand miles on them and I think they will last a lot longer oh and they are by far the best tires I have had when it rains.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
On my second pair of KDW 2's on the rear. Great dry and wet traction. I have never hydroplaned or spun the tires in the rain under normal driving. There is a bit of road noise, but you won't hear it if you have the radio on. Wore fine with the stock gearing. A little more with 4.10's. Really wore with the Vortech. In one summer with the supercharger I probably wore them down to the equivalent of the three previous summers. With about 15,000 miles of street use, 35 track passes, 6-8 burnouts the rears were down to the 2/10 wear bars.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
The KDW2 is a great tire. It wears quick though depending on use. Very sticky. I haven't tried the nitto yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've enjoyed the BFG's but at least the set i had were pretty loud inside. I'm running on the 555's right now and love them. Great traction especially when it was raining non stop here. So far, pretty pleased with the 555's

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I have not used the G-Force KDW2 but I was not too pleased with the Nitto NT555. Treadwear was excellent but it didn't bite as hard as my current Michelin Pilot Sports. Wet traction was also pretty terrible with the NT555. The Nitto Invo, on the other hand, is without a doubt one of my favorite tires ever.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
I have had a set of NT555 for 17s and 18s and I like them pretty well. They hook up pretty good for a street tire. I think next set I am going to get the G-Force KDW2, just to change things up, plus the tread pattern looks mean as hell.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Currently on NT555's, for the most part I like them.
They hook a lot better than the previous tires, but I can still break them loose if I want to. They are good for a street tire with plenty of grip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts