Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I installed my VVME bi-xenon HID kit on my 04 mustang. Works great, but I have one small issue.. the high and low beams are switched, so that when my headlights are on, my high beams are on, and when i swich on my high beams, my low beams come on.

Has anyone else had this problem with their VVME HIDs and can tell me how to fix it? Or does anyone else know what I can do? I switched a couple wires around in the 9007 connector and it didn't do anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no problem, its not a serious issue. just bothers me that its backwards.

does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 99-04 mustang so i can see what I need to mess around with?

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
man, just turn on the low beams and check the wirres with a DMM to find the hot positive wire. mark it and repeat for the Highbeams. simply cut them and reverse them. you say your new ones are plug and play... so I assume they plug into your cars factory bulb spot right? I would do the cutting about 2 inches or so after that plug in your HID setup's wiring.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
It sounds like your wires are swapped. Mine came with some instructions that said if you depending on the year of your mustang, that you would get that problem and would have to swap some wires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, I got it figured out. it was two small black and red wires behind each of the headlights.. they just needed to be swapped

·
Banned
808 Posts
for the hid kit
how much does it cost
and maybe a direct link?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VVME.COM LLC Your Best HID KIT Supplier

cheapest HIDs I've ever seen.. like 80 dollars for the single beam, and a little over 100 for the bi-xenon like i bought.

Some people say it's a gamble buying from them though.. the HIDs ship from Japan so it took about 2 weeks to get to me, but some people have waited longer than that. I'd google vvme and look up peoples reviews of them.. no one with mustangs have ever had any problems hooking them up though.

·
Banned
808 Posts
so what exactly is up with them
do they make your lights brighter
cuz i have smoked headlights and sylvania silverstar bulbs to brighten them up a bit but its still a very dim light

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah makes it much brighter depending on the intensity you get and all that. HIDs are what come stock in the luxury cars (lexus, mercedes, etc).

read this: Mustang 8000K HID Kit it kinda explains more about them.

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts

cheapest HIDs I've ever seen.. like 80 dollars for the single beam, and a little over 100 for the bi-xenon like i bought.

Some people say it's a gamble buying from them though.. the HIDs ship from Japan so it took about 2 weeks to get to me, but some people have waited longer than that. I'd google vvme and look up peoples reviews of them.. no one with mustangs have ever had any problems hooking them up though.
I'm definitely going to have to check that site out as I'm shopping for the bi-xenons myself. Here are a couple other sites I've been browsing:

HID Conversion for 94-04 Mustang Fog Lights - HID-FOG

HID Conversion Kit

Hid Kit, Hid Conversion Kit, Lights, Hid Headlights, Light - XenonEyes.com

HID Light Kits Ford Mustang 1994 - 2004

KBcarstuff.com is your one stop shop for all your automotive performance needs. We strive to provide speedy delivery and excellent customer service.

Lighting - StangSuspension.com

Mustang HID Lights

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I got a kit from VVME also and it did the same thing. I dont care.. I just use em oppiste (high for low ect).

My problem is I cant get the lights secured because the cap that secures the bulbs was to small for VVME's bulbs. Plus I just cant get the beams angled right.

·
3,156 Posts

I want to order them, but it seems their site is down. Can anyone else get to it?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I got mine off Ebay... search for Flashplus on ebay as a store/vendor

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah vvme and flashplus are the same company so try doing that. the site seems to be up again though

·
3,156 Posts
vvme.com still not working for me. Don't know why. I really want to order these, but with the site "seeming" to be down, I'm getting a little apprehensive about ordering from them. I'll check out flashplus on EBay.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got a kit from VVME also and it did the same thing. I dont care.. I just use em oppiste (high for low ect).

My problem is I cant get the lights secured because the cap that secures the bulbs was to small for VVME's bulbs. Plus I just cant get the beams angled right.
I fixed that by shaving down the three little tabs on each of the caps that locks the bulb in place. Shave them down just enough fit the HID bulb.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vvme.com still not working for me. Don't know why. I really want to order these, but with the site "seeming" to be down, I'm getting a little apprehensive about ordering from them. I'll check out flashplus on EBay.
you're going to VVME.COM LLC Your Best HID KIT Supplier ? Weird, its working fine for me. They also have one more website, MYDEPOTS.com, Buy Smart.. vvme/flashplus/mydepots are all the same company. Their ebay account does have some negative feedback on it though.. I think with this company its going to be a hit or miss everytime you order from them

1 - 20 of 44 Posts