Modded Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any bicyclists in here? Has anyone got a bike rack that fits properly on the 2011? I'm thinking it might be tough since there is no horizontal area on the bumper for it to rest on.

What about hitches? Anyone had a hitch put on? Is it even possible?

·
Registered
664 Posts
You could try buying a truck

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
ummm, really? sorry, its just funny. you could buy a honda. or actually, i saw a mini cooper with one

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hope this is a joke... If not expect to be flamed... Seriously???

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Any bicyclists in here? Has anyone got a bike rack that fits properly on the 2011? I'm thinking it might be tough since there is no horizontal area on the bumper for it to rest on.

What about hitches? Anyone had a hitch put on? Is it even possible?
it might be tough...BECAUSE ITS A MUSTANG!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
OP, I am an avid biker but i do not have my stang yet, i will have it next spring, however i can tell you that i am a mountain biker, and i ride everywhere, i currently throw my bike into the back of my hatchback and call it good all of the time, but i have done some investigation on a roof mounted rack because i will be getting one after i get my stang. I see that you have a convertible... thats going to be a problem, It will be tough to find a rack that attaches to the trunk of your car. Here's a link to Yakima's website where all you do is put in your vehicles info, and they build what you need.
http://yakima.com/
I don't believe you can get a trunk mount from yakima or thule.. but thats only 2 different brands.. good luck.

I am taking full responsibility for the flamesuit i am wearing now, so let the flaming begin. What can i say.. I want a mustang bad enough, i'm willing to put roof rack on it to carry my favorite hobby around in order to continue biking... my other options are to either stop biking, or not get a mustang... and im not digging either of those. So a roof rack i shall get.

·
Registered
664 Posts
you could just ride your bike wherever your going:D

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i, too, am an avid mountain biker. so is my wife. hence why we have the mustang, which should be a MUSTANG, and a truck, which we use for everything a mustang shouldnt be used for.
i also understand not everyone can afford two vehicles. but buy a POS vehicle and put some racks on it.
but ya CANT do that to a brand new STANG, COME ON!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know i know, i hear you all, but im not going to buy another beate vehicle just to tow my bicycle... especially because i'll enjoy road trips to mountain biking locations... and a p.o.s. usually doesnt do too well on road trips. :( sorry dudes, but im gonna have to do it.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
ok, sorry, but maybe get something fashioned for the passenger door. like, side scoops, but a bike rack.

JEESH, i cant believe you guys would do that. but, i guess when you love two different things, you do what you gotta do. i know i wouldnt be able to give up mountain biking. i just had knee surgery and the weather has been perfect and its killing me

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OP, I am an avid biker but i do not have my stang yet, i will have it next spring, however i can tell you that i am a mountain biker, and i ride everywhere, i currently throw my bike into the back of my hatchback and call it good all of the time, but i have done some investigation on a roof mounted rack because i will be getting one after i get my stang. I see that you have a convertible... thats going to be a problem, It will be tough to find a rack that attaches to the trunk of your car. Here's a link to Yakima's website where all you do is put in your vehicles info, and they build what you need.
Yakima: Racks, Bike Racks, Roof Racks for Skis, Cargo & Kayaks
I don't believe you can get a trunk mount from yakima or thule.. but thats only 2 different brands.. good luck.

I am taking full responsibility for the flamesuit i am wearing now, so let the flaming begin. What can i say.. I want a mustang bad enough, i'm willing to put roof rack on it to carry my favorite hobby around in order to continue biking... my other options are to either stop biking, or not get a mustang... and im not digging either of those. So a roof rack i shall get.
Thanks for the non-douchebag response. I was looking at the Bones from Saris. My only concern is that the Mustang really has no horizontal area for the bottom part of the rack to rest on, so I would be fearful of it slipping off. The guys at the bike store I go to are pretty cool, maybe they would let me test fit one to see if it will work.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i, too, am an avid mountain biker. so is my wife. hence why we have the mustang, which should be a MUSTANG, and a truck, which we use for everything a mustang shouldnt be used for.
i also understand not everyone can afford two vehicles. but buy a POS vehicle and put some racks on it.
but ya CANT do that to a brand new STANG, COME ON!!
Yea, let me run right out and buy a whole nother ****ing vehicle to carry my bike. Brilliant. It's just a removable trunk rack, call the **** down.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
why are you cussing and getting crabby? with a post like this, you've got to have thick skin man and nothing i have said hasnt been out of fun.
and im sorry, and by you wanting to put a bike rack you your 5.0, you dont even deserve to have the car. should have saved it for someone who knows what the car is used for. dont foget to take the bike off when you hit the drag strip

·
Registered
50 Posts
why are you cussing and getting crabby? with a post like this, you've got to have thick skin man and nothing i have said hasnt been out of fun.
and im sorry, and by you wanting to put a bike rack you your 5.0, you dont even deserve to have the car. should have saved it for someone who knows what the car is used for. dont foget to take the bike off when you hit the drag strip
He's cussing because he is tried of people telling him what to do with HIS car. Not everyone buys a 5.0 to race. Would you like someone telling you they don't like the ugly hood scoop and stripe on YOUR car and you don't deserve to own it. If you can't help the guy SHUT UP! stop acting like the guys on the corvette forum who believe they didn't buy the car they gave birth to it!! Now don't forget be thick skinned!! LOL

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
theres ALOT of people who dont like ALOT of things about my car. thats why we live in america to have choices, opionions and freedom of speech.
who said anything about racing? not me?
and where do you see a hood scoop on my car?

·
Registered
577 Posts
He's cussing because he is tried of people telling him what to do with HIS car. Not everyone buys a 5.0 to race. Would you like someone telling you they don't like the ugly hood scoop and stripe on YOUR car and you don't deserve to own it. If you can't help the guy SHUT UP! stop acting like the guys on the corvette forum who believe they didn't buy the car they gave birth to it!! Now don't forget be thick skinned!! LOL
Its a forum for modded mustangs in a tech section. I wouldn't think strapping some bars to make it a truck would appeal to most enthusiasts for a mod or even tech. All it does is mar the appearance and scratch the paint. Both which would degrade the overall look of the car. You don't expect that to catch some crap? And yes, if you rattle canned some stripes or asked how to make a hood scoop from Home Depot I would give you some crap too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
theres ALOT of people who dont like ALOT of things about my car. thats why we live in america to have choices, opionions and freedom of speech.
who said anything about racing? not me?
and where do you see a hood scoop on my car?
Shaker is still a scoop and it was an example, I did mean I didn't like it. You said"dont foget to take the bike off when you hit the drag strip" s I guess I assumed that's what you meant.

Anyway yes it's america and you have freedom of speech and give your opinion but just respect other stang owners choices

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its a forum for modded mustangs in a tech section. I wouldn't think strapping some bars to make it a truck would appeal to most enthusiasts for a mod or even tech. All it does is mar the appearance and scratch the paint. Both which would degrade the overall look of the car. You don't expect that to catch some crap? And yes, if you rattle canned some stripes or asked how to make a hood scoop from Home Depot I would give you some crap too.
modification

noun

1: the act of making something different

If a bike rack doesn't fit that description I don't know what does.
Well the rules for posting don't say your mod has to be appealling to most enthusiasts.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i apologize for the "you dont deserve a 5.0 comment". i was wrong. but, i think people have to stop and think about WANTS and practicality.

my wife and WANT a second mustang. we want a black on black 5.0 extremely bad. when we were looking at trading her truck, we had to seriously take a step back and look at practicality. we camp, we bike, we hike,we get dirty, we canoe,we get muddy, we play in the rain. a second mustang would have been awesome....for a few days.
so, we had to put our WANT on the back burner and go with practicality and get another truck

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.