Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i will be attending ERAU next year which is located in Daytona Beach, FL... so will be driving my baby from SO-CAL to there...

i want to make sure everything is taked care of before i hit the road! anyone have any suggestions on things i should replace first or check on... i would hate to be driving across the USA when my car breaks down somewhere next to the hills have eyes set...

my 01 Bullitt, besides performance upgrades, the battery is BRAND new... also, new starter, of course right before i go i will change the oil! and check my tire's alighnment and jazz,,, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Dude if you feel comfortable driving around daily your car shouldn't have any problems making it to FL. That's like saying what should I replace to make sure my car doesn't break down this month. I mean it is a scary thought being that far from your comfort zone and having something happen but as long as you're not driving a bucket your car should be fine.

Driving continuously at around 2500rpm (70-80mphish) is easier on the engine than the constant startups and shutdowns we do every day.

I would say just make sure your tires, brakes, etc. are good.

I've gone on alot of road trips and they've all been much harder on my ass than my cars.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Buy a gun.

Edit: You're in California. Scratch that. Buy a peace sign.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
If you trust your Stang for a 100 mi, should be able to trust her for a road trip :2cents

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I'm with the above, but how many miles do you have on your ride? Other than normal maintenance, mileage is going to be the cue to when things "normally" need to be done.

If you have never replaced your serp. belt, I recommend you install a new one now reguardless of how many miles you have. Put the existing on in the trunk so will be available at ANY time to avoid a possible PITA scenario out on the road.

What is your current mileage?

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I stick with the fact that if you think your car will make it 2 months (average of 1k mi's a month) then you will make a cross country road trip. It may not be a bad idea to bring a couple spare parts with you but I really think you need to worry about yourself and when and where you stop. as long as your car would make it a few months as is you have a better chance of wrecking it than you do breaking down.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Buy a gun.

Edit: You're in California. Scratch that. Buy a peace sign.
livin in So Cal already I hope he has a gun and not a red shirt in site :eek:

·
Registered
634 Posts
the only recomendations I have are get plenty of sleep that played a little part in my wreck I was fatiuged like a motherf*****. she will make it if there are no major issues right now then as long as you take it easy youll make it

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what is erau?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Embry Riddle Aeronautincal University.

If you need anyone to show you the ropes around here, hit me up!!!

sounds good, you a student? what are you studying?

and everyone lets take a vote,

would i rather spend 4 years in the beautiful desert of AZ or 4 years on the beach of FL?

its right next to Daytona Speedway!!! :-D

cool didn't think of the belt! but ya, of course tires and breaks and such...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh ya, and i'm ALMOST to 98k... :/

so belt, brakes, fluids,

how often should spark plugs be checked and changed? i know what they look like when they are ad however don't know the lifespan?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i checked out the prescott page, wow, i must say beautiful campus and surroundings, BUT, i live 10 minutes from the beach! wouldn't want it any other way...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Embry riddle is great! they totally hooked me up when I was taking distance courses with them. They are the school that's all about making sure you know what you're doing not how much you can remember. From what I've heard about the campus its almost paramilitary in that tardiness and unpreparedness is a big no no. Not sure which campus that was but one of my OIC's went there and he said it was alot different than a normal college.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts