Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of a big guy, I'm 6'3" and I weigh 247lbs. As we all know stangs aren't the roomiest of automobiles. I was thinking of getting some lightweight racing seats, but I want nice ones, maybe leather and suede with nice foam. I want that business and pleasure mix. Are there any seats out there are bigger guy friendly? I don't care how much they cost.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm kind of a big guy, I'm 6'3" and I weigh 247lbs. As we all know stangs aren't the roomiest of automobiles. I was thinking of getting some lightweight racing seats, but I want nice ones, maybe leather and suede with nice foam. I want that business and pleasure mix. Are there any seats out there are bigger guy friendly? I don't care how much they cost.

i actually got a chance to sit in the various styles that COBRA racing seats offer out at SEMA and they def have some nice seats for big guys. from what i have seen you can call and get the dimensions of the bolsters and just have a friend measure you while seated to see if you will clear them. i think lou on muscle car (on Spike tv) went over how to take the measurements a while back when they were still working on the 66 fastback road race car. hope that helps man good luck and tell me which seats you went with so i can look at them when time comes for my black int swap.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i recommend slimfast :D

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
if i were you id lose ten lbs for the summer than :lol

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Your a fat ass dude...just kidding. I'm 6'4" 255 and although I've never rode in a Mach1, I have rode in some Termis and I can say that I was very uncomfortable. It seemed that the lumbar support was digging into my fat gut so I can see where you are coming from.

Plain 'ole seats out of a NewEdge are very comfortable in my opinion, but the main downfall is that they don't have any kind of support so if you take any hard corners than you better hold on or your getting slammed into the door panel. You could do a swap out if things just get too uncomfortable for you.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, my main problem is that I'm wider than the seat. My shoulders litteraly hang over the edges of the seat. My buddies T/A was comfy. I'm think of having some custom made. Black w/ Azure Blue Leather inserts, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, my main problem is that I'm wider than the seat. My shoulders litteraly hang over the edges of the seat. My buddies T/A was comfy. I'm think of having some custom made. Black w/ Azure Blue Leather inserts, what do you guys think?
cough ricer cough cough

just buy some nice corbeu, or COBRA seats and be done with black leather. if you get a nice quality seat you wont want to do that custom ****.

if you have your heart set on some ricer seats then buy the cheap ass racing seats from jegs/summit and the get covers made.

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
I think that would look great, but i wouldn't do any other blue in the interior. I think then it would be to much, but just the seats i think would look good

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
im not a big guy at all, im 5'10 and maybe 185 200, and my friends seats in his srt4 SUCK! we took like an hour long road trip in them and i felt like i was just violated after i got it, it was horrible

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
im not a big guy at all, im 5'10 and maybe 185 200, and my friends seats in his srt4 SUCK! we took like an hour long road trip in them and i felt like i was just violated after i got it, it was horrible
hahahahaha thats what happens when u associate with people who drive neons.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hahahahaha thats what happens when u associate with people who drive neons.
Not at all true. My buddy has a '05 Neon, the reg style not the rice style. It's his DD, anyways that car has more leg room and head room than my stang, and his vette.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are nice, I looked at them earlier. I would like to get them in black leather.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts