Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 gt with and put an eaton m90 blower set up off a saleen on it. i did the fuel pump blower innercooler heat exchanger 40 lb injectors and everything else i needed. all i have done so far is bolt everything on the car. i started it and it ran very rich. smoked up the garage. shut it off and went and did some other stuff. brother came over and wanted to hear it run so i started it and all of a sudden it was knockin like crazy!!! what happened?!!! oil was full no gas in the oil never drove ran for about 12 seconds any information would be VERY appreciated the car only has 30000 miles.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
if you didnt have a tune, that coul be part of the knock. Maybe once you get it the knock will go away and add in some wizardry

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
More than likely the absence of a tune. Your computer can't possibly compensate for the additional fuel coming in and the air needed to get the ratio right. You need a tune before you can really ask what the cause of the problem is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
may have got a bad injector. it was brand new but i think it just kept dumping fuel into the cylinder and it hydrolocked and bent fords crappy rod. just my luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts