Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i got lucky i was able to buy a 4.6 4v for 300 dollars. Lucky me! The only thing wrong is that one of the valves is sticking so i will have to get a valve job. My question is i was told their is a conversion kit, that you can use to keep your distributor and all your 5.0 stuff. If you can give me any help i would really be thankful i am not too sure what i am getting into. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
you are gonna need a 4.6 wiring harness and pcm as well as a k-member maybe a few more parts .they do make plates so you can use 5.0 intake manifolds on a 4.6 4v. they also make a conversion for 4vs to use a distributor.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh because if you could start at 305 hp instead of 205 would you? i know that the 5.0's are very good engines. i just like challenges.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They do make adaptor plates to use the 302 intakes. Either MUSCLE MUSTANG OR 5.0 MUSTANG magazine has used them recently. Well, maybe it was for 5.4l, I can't remember for sure. What is the engine out of? I would use the stock intake or a cobra intake, the cobras are pretty good. Most of the tests I've seen show that with the mod motors the cobra intake is a good intake and not realy worth the big bucks to switch it out.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
yea but n/a the 302 has more potential.
ur wrong.........

he bought a 4v 4.6............... those bitches make crazy power....

try having a power pand from 3k all the way up to 6500 on a stock motor........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts