Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now ive been thinkin and readin bout all of the new muscle cars. You know the challengers, cameros, G8's and all that and lookin at the numbers and there 1/4 times im thinkin. Wow when they come out i wont be able to stand my ground. well anyway lets get to the point. I was thinkin in a couple of years to throw a new engine in my car thats going to puttin out some good n/a numbers and can still keep up with the newer cars. But the thing is i dont want it to have 10 mpgs. I mean i look at the cameros bigger motors the 5.7's and they make better mpgs then my stang. Well anyway is this possible and does anyone that has the knowlege to help me out. I dont know a whole lot but im takin some classes soon. So if some of you guys wana help me out it would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Ok now ive been thinkin and readin bout all of the new muscle cars. You know the challengers, cameros, G8's and all that and lookin at the numbers and there 1/4 times im thinkin. Wow when they come out i wont be able to stand my ground. well anyway lets get to the point. I was thinkin in a couple of years to throw a new engine in my car thats going to puttin out some good n/a numbers and can still keep up with the newer cars. But the thing is i dont want it to have 10 mpgs. I mean i look at the cameros bigger motors the 5.7's and they make better mpgs then my stang. Well anyway is this possible and does anyone that has the knowlege to help me out. I dont know a whole lot but im takin some classes soon. So if some of you guys wana help me out it would be awesome.
they get better mileage because they have a six speed, a 03 cobra gets relatively the same to a tad better then the LS1, your motor has a crap load of potential, you dont need a motor swap, there 5 years new then your car if not more thats why they make more factory power, and the 03 cobra usally beats alot of the new cars coming out anyway, your car is not inacduquete, look at cars 5-6 years ago and look how much more badassy our car is then them, and you using a little 4.6, your motor can make more then enough power to easily beat almost all production cars, little bit of work and you can beat the challengers anyway, not to mention run right with them the way you sit now

·
Registered
922 Posts
they get better mileage because they have a six speed, a 03 cobra gets relatively the same to a tad better then the LS1, your motor has a crap load of potential, you dont need a motor swap, there 5 years new then your car if not more thats why they make more factory power, and the 03 cobra usally beats alot of the new cars coming out anyway, your car is not inacduquete, look at cars 5-6 years ago and look how much more badassy our car is then them, and you using a little 4.6, your motor can make more then enough power to easily beat almost all production cars, little bit of work and you can beat the challengers anyway, not to mention run right with them the way you sit now
are you an insane crack addict?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
nothing i said in the post was far off, LS1s get up to 26MPG which a 03 cobra can get, the challenger runs about 13.0 flat in the quarter, he is faster then the camaros/mustangs etc of 5-6 years ago, and his 4.6 has alot of potential that he can get it into single digits if he is willing to mod it that much, which in fact will give him the power to beat alot of production cars out there, in a straight line anyway

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
why would you worry in a mach? the potential is there, you just have to open it up. we havent done much to doc's mach and that thing moves for what little is done. there is plenty of potential, just got to get to it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ford better man up with the next gen Stang. Period.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Heck, if I were you I'd look for a cobra motor, they have more power and can handle more power... But dude, your motor has a ton of potential, just mod it up..

·
Registered
922 Posts
they get better mileage because they have a six speed,
:eek:

there 5 years new then your car if not more thats why they make more factory power,
I wondered how they made so much more power stock, now I know. WTF :eek:

and the 03 cobra usally beats alot of the new cars coming out anyway, your car is not inacduquete, look at cars 5-6 years ago and look how much more badassy our car is then them,
Say what? lol - them crack rocks kickin in good now huh?!

not to mention run right with them the way you sit now
Uh, not so much. :eek:

·
Registered
400 Posts
why do you want a bigger motor. build your motor and slap a turbo or supercharger on it. there will only be a few cars out there that will be able to beat a built and supercharged mach

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
just be happy you have a 4v. its alot harder for us 2v guys to see some good gains from parts with out spending alot of money.

·
Registered
748 Posts
they claim such good gas mileage..but they dont get it that easily...i work at a chevy dealer...people dont undertsnad that the DOD(displacement on demand) and active fuel management work only under certain conditions....the vehicle has to be capable of that MPG...it doesnt mean it will easily achive it. most people get **** for gas mileage. most trucks and cars still get **** for gas mileage. we get customer compalints about their gas mileage...look at the freeze frames and history data and see they are on the gas...no wonder...GM isnt as good as everyon lieks to believe with their MPG ratings....we barely make the EPAs mandated requirements. hence the 300v hybrid coming out. (yay i get to electrocute myself).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well you said you wanted n/a. so build a small block stroker and use an aftermarket
k- member that will fit it. not too difficult of a process, just time involved. if i keep my car i plan on doing this in the future.

·
Registered
922 Posts
bore, stroke, get head work done - youll be making some pretty good numbers then. of course, that will cost you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mmmm sounds good i know it wont be cheap but what kinda money am i lookin at if i bore it and get a stroke kit

By the way what is a stroke kit (me=nub)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts