Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in search of a new exhaust and after reading all the posts about how great Jayman33 and the Hypermotive gang are I reached out to him. Jay was great. He answered all my questions, and gave me a great recommendation. So I'm running Kooks mid length headers, Kooks off road H pipe, and Borla S-type axle back exhaust.

I've included a link below, hope everyone likes how it sounds. I'm loving it.

·
<o/ <o> \o> \o/
123 Posts
Great setup! I bet it sounds mean wot

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Kooks EQUAL length headers**** :D

Sounds great dude! I like a lot. I've thought about switching to borla axlebacks because I'm retarded and want more obnoxious an get pulled over :shiftyeyes

Jason also hooked me up with a killer price on my kooks headers/x pipe. Definitely like doing buisness with him, great prices and fast shipping... And of course great CS

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sounds killer! Might have to try the Kooks with Corsa.

·
Registered
709 Posts
So those are not the long tubes? You said mid length, so those are the shorties? How is the performance gain?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Negative, kooks doesn't make a "true" long tube. Their version of long tubes is actually a mid length headers which on these cars works great:)
What kind of gains do you see through the miderange?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Equal equal equal! They aren't a full longtube, but they are an equal length... Meaning all primaries are the same length.

This was my gains going from stock manifolds, UPR off road X and factory OTA pipes to kooks longtubes (equal length :shiftyeyes) off road x and still factory OTA pipes (just a tune change)

Picked up to 15rwhp in certain spots. It was actually one of the fewer mods I felt it pick up.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looks like good gains to me. Might have to buy some next month.

·
I DO WHAT I WANT
164 Posts
Sounds pretty tasty! I'm actually just about to buy a set of Kooks headers and catted H off Jason. I have the Pypes catback (which sounds AWESOME) so if I end up with a sound anything like yours I'll be super happy!

·
<o/ <o> \o> \o/
123 Posts
Equal equal equal! They aren't a full longtube, but they are an equal length... Meaning all primaries are the same length.

This was my gains going from stock manifolds, UPR off road X and factory OTA pipes to kooks longtubes (equal length :shiftyeyes) off road x and still factory OTA pipes (just a tune change)

Picked up to 15rwhp in certain spots. It was actually one of the fewer mods I felt it pick up.
Looks great! I just don't know if I could justify 900$ for that whp gain :/

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
For me, I really just wanted the sound. I love the sound of kooks headers. The whp gain peak and across the board was a nice bonus

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Check the street 101 section for better ones

1 - 19 of 19 Posts