Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a bigger TB accually give you more rear wheel. My friend says that it doesnt do anthing until you hit the big horsepower numbers. Any results are greatly aperciated. Thanks

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
It will give ya a little bit, but not really a noticable difference. Should feel alot better response though

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I would say just get a P&P'd stock one until you realy start making alot of power or go boost. I noticed a nice gain when we P&P'd my stock one, alot better throttle response.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does a bigger TB accually give you more rear wheel. My friend says that it doesnt do anthing until you hit the big horsepower numbers. Any results are greatly aperciated. Thanks

if you are trying to max out the NA combo every little bit helps. if you do the lower and upper intake porting and gasket match the TB you will notice a little but to really see the difference it will be when you go FI. i got my accufab just cause i am close to maxing out the NA combo.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
if you are trying to max out the NA combo every little bit helps. if you do the lower and upper intake porting and gasket match the TB you will notice a little but to really see the difference it will be when you go FI. i got my accufab just cause i am close to maxing out the NA combo.

I noticed a realy nice gain with my P&P'd TB, P&P'd upper and lower manifold. We did Mach boy's as well, you can always PM him and see how he liked it. We do all that P&P work if you are wanting it done. I can give you a great price. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I noticed a realy nice gain with my P&P'd TB, P&P'd upper and lower manifold. We did Mach boy's as well, you can always PM him and see how he liked it. We do all that P&P work if you are wanting it done. I can give you a great price. PM me if you are interested.

lower was done by jimmy deaton (AKA orangecrush on mach 1 reg) did an awesome job with it and really fast turn around. i had the upper done locally cause it isnt requiring as much attention as the lowers do. plus they were near my ceramic coaters shop so it wasnt hard to get things over to them.

i have yet to put the motor in with all the work done to the upper and TB. i noticed a really nice seat of the pants jump with just the lower and again with me being close to maxing out the NA combo i figured it was a good idea to get a accufab tb just so i didnt have that holding me back.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Depends on the vehicle and mods. Most stockish cars, very little gain. However, on GT500s making over 600rwhp there is 15-30rwhp to be had.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I have the Accufab on my Mach, and to tell you the truth I was very disappointed. I didn't feel that it was a cost effective gain. $400.00 bolton. If I could've gone back I would have waited to buy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts