Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know whats the biggest tire and rim size i can fit on my stock 65 mustang. I just bought one and it needs new rims and tires bad.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well rims size? Like 15 x 9 or what.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wider really if i can go with bigger diameter then i want to but only like 16's not like 18's

·
Registered
353 Posts
my 65 has 16x9.6 in the back and 16x7.6 inch in the front. You might be able to go a little wider in the back, I wouldn't go any wider in the front, mine have very little fender clearance.

edit: I'm also at stock height, so if you're lowered/going to lower, may want to make sure you're going to have the clearance on top (mine rub on the fender flare when i go over hard bumps)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have any pictures of your car. Also what style rims looks best on these mustang. Mines a 65 coupe. I was think some style that looks like bullits or classic muscle car look.

·
Registered
353 Posts

I like the bullitts. That's without wheel caps also, but they're coming soon as my tax return comes ;)

Though, it all depends on your tastes, lots of wheels look good imo. Long as they're not too modern. I like the low profile understated look of the grey bullitts.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
i have 17 inch tires and im not sure the width but they dont clear the fenders and have cracked them

i need to get my fenders flexed or whatever you call it and get the cracks repaired :/

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats the biggest tire i can fit on a 14x7 inch rim. Also what backspacing would work best for the rim. I what the widdest rim but no have the tire stick out from fenderwell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive got 17x8 all around with 225 40 r17 in the front and 245 50 r17 in the rear. Make sure you get at least 4.75" backspacing.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
It is all in the back spacing and outside tire diameter.

The front need to be 24" or less in diameter.

Back spacing on the front is best with 4.75" back spacing. But 4.5 will work.

Took a quik look and this is the smallest I could find for a good price.

Size: 215/40ZR18

·
Registered
14 Posts
last question i have the original drum brakes. if i was to go to a junk yard and get the disk brake set up from a newer mustang 1. what year models will work 2. is that even possible?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts