Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
How did you narrow it down to those two seemingly unrelated things? Is it that you have a wad of cash to spend and those are the two things you want the most in your budget? Do you have any mods? Most people get the tuner when the get a CAI. I'm not sure how much good it will do you if your car is otherwise totally stock. If that's the case, then maybe go for the shocks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd suggest Koni STR.T's @ $409 a set AND the tuner since you'd save about $200.... And I think the Koni's are every bit as good as the Bilstein's are, and in fact are my preference as they have a little more rebound damping, and in my experience (should you need it) a better warranty process too. But, we don't need it very often at all, on either brand, which is more than I can say for some others.

FWIW, I hate the stock shocks, and you will too once you realize how great they aren't.... I did shocks/struts way before a tune. Yes, the tune is nice, as were many of the mods. But I like the car to handle well, ride better, be more stable, and I like to drive the car. And frankly for me, and I realize I might be in minority here since so many folks are power junkies, the shocks/struts first are a no brainer. I think you need a tune since you have an intake, but you'd be amazed how much better these things drive with good damping.....

·
Premium Member
22,436 Posts
I called Justin yesterday and talked to him about it!

I already have a C&L racer just needing a tuner.
Sounds like you know what you need to do now! :cool:

If you already have the C&L then absolutely, without question, get the tuner.
tuner. You will use the tuner over and over. Its a must for performance modding.
Agreed! :D:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man Justin! I was going to order it today but I found out that I'm gotta have some major surgery! If the surgery's not gonna be till January or February I will get one. Till then I will have to wait.
Thanks Ryan

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
FWIW, I hate the stock shocks, and you will too once you realize how great they aren't.... I did shocks/struts way before a tune. Yes, the tune is nice, as were many of the mods. But I like the car to handle well, ride better, be more stable, and I like to drive the car. And frankly for me, and I realize I might be in minority here since so many folks are power junkies, the shocks/struts first are a no brainer. I think you need a tune since you have an intake, but you'd be amazed how much better these things drive with good damping.....
:withhomo, except I like prefer Bilsteins.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.